PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions

Notices

User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2010, 09:54 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
iPhone 3.1.3 and OS 4.0 carrier unlocks this month!

check out this twitter tweet from MuscleNerd from iPhone Dev Team. This is awesome!

This means if you get any iphone on any os with any baseband you will be able to unlock and use on any carrier!

so long ATT's insane rates and data caps, I'll be using my rig on T-Mobile with unlimited data/text/500 mins for $60 a month!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:59 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Re: iPhone 3.1.3 and OS 4.0 carrier unlocks this month!

Out of curiosity, how are the developers sure that what ever unlock they have will work on the newest iPhone? Using the beta?
Old 06-07-2010, 10:11 PM
BIGGZZ - VIP -
Pocket PC: Dell Streak
Carrier: AT&T

Biggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
check out this twitter tweet from MuscleNerd from iPhone Dev Team. This is awesome!

This means if you get any iphone on any os with any baseband you will be able to unlock and use on any carrier!

so long ATT's insane rates and data caps, I'll be using my rig on T-Mobile with unlimited data/text/500 mins for $60 a month!
Wait, are you saying even Sprint? I have a pretty slick plan right now so can i just keep my current one? Any links for more information?
Old 06-07-2010, 10:12 PM
BIGGZZ - VIP -

Biggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlin View Post
Out of curiosity, how are the developers sure that what ever unlock they have will work on the newest iPhone? Using the beta?
+1, cuz that white iphone looks hot
Old 06-07-2010, 10:16 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggzz View Post
Wait, are you saying even Sprint? I have a pretty slick plan right now so can i just keep my current one? Any links for more information?
It wont work on Sprint unless they release a CDMA version. I'm thinking that a CDMA version may be announced shortly after the GSM release. Perhaps this is why AT&T is allowing customers to upgrade 6 months in advance; rope in as many contract renewals as possible right before Apple announces the CDMA version.
Old 06-07-2010, 10:24 PM
BIGGZZ - VIP -

Quote:
It wont work on Sprint unless they release a CDMA version. I'm thinking that a CDMA version may be announced shortly after the GSM release. Perhaps this is why AT&T is allowing customers to upgrade 6 months in advance; rope in as many contract renewals as possible right before Apple announces the CDMA version.
I just see the words, "any carrier" and I wonder. I am debating between jumping to ATT, waiting for Sprint(fingers crossed) or this "3.1.3 unlock
Old 06-07-2010, 10:38 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor

If I were to get another iPhone, the last thing I would do would be to switch to AT&T for it. Their coverage is just to unreliable. The 3G speeds are impressive where available, but the amount of dropped calls, delayed text, and spotty internet isn't worth it to me. If this 4.0 unlock really does work (I'm a little skeptical), then I would get it on T Mobile, which, from my experience has overall more reliable coverage.
Old 06-08-2010, 09:22 AM
Threadstarter

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
yeah the very first os4 beta was on the new 5.13 baseband, so they've had some time to try to unlock it, especially since they never released the unlock for 5.12.01, 5.13 could have the same exploits.
Old 06-13-2010, 11:20 PM
BIGGZZ - VIP -

@Orangekid- I will be purchasing two iphones from att or from apple. I will be asking lots of questions because I will be new. I saw your thread about everything iphone but i was confused. Any advice on purchasing without a contract from att or getting discounts with them. I will be loading 5 phones( 2 iphones) with them
Old 06-14-2010, 10:27 AM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggzz View Post
@Orangekid- I will be purchasing two iphones from att or from apple. I will be asking lots of questions because I will be new. I saw your thread about everything iphone but i was confused. Any advice on purchasing without a contract from att or getting discounts with them. I will be loading 5 phones( 2 iphones) with them
The iPhone 4 is going for $200 for the 16gb or the $300 for the 32gb,

IMO you don't need a 32gb, (even though I have over 30 gigs of music ripped on my hard drive, I don't need that much music all at once, I just reload).

Retail from the apple/att store you're talking $600 for the 16gb and $700 for the 32gb, so I don't know how rich you are, but I'd try to find it on craigslist or something for around $400-$500 for a retail iPhone 4.

Hope that helps.

Also they if you buy it retail from apple/att, they ensure you have att service when you buy it. So if you want to use a different GSM carrier, you will have to buy it 3rd party anyways.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions