PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions

Notices

User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2010, 09:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note
Carrier: ATT

NIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Anyone upgrading to iphone 4?

I’ve only had my iphone 3GS 32 gb for 4 months and they let me upgrade for an extra 200 dollars. So basically I get the new one for 500, I figure I can sell my old one on ebay for 300-400, and the iphone 4 will cost me an additional 100 to 200 extra total. Not sure if I should get it or wait till next year for a 4G version.

I was thinking of also trying out the EVO, but the only reason I don’t like it is that HTC usually uses crappy hardware and Android feels like your going back to WM because you have to tinker with it to perfect it while iPhone just works right out of the package.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:21 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: iphone
Carrier: AT&T

drift365 is keeping up the good workdrift365 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to drift365
Re: Anyone upgrading to iphone 4?

Last time I upgraded my contract was supposed to change, but we convinced them to let us keep our old, cheaper contract with more minutes, and still get the new contract price. If I can do that again I might go for it. Ive had the 3gs for a year so it only costs an extra $18, so as long as I can keep the unlimited data i might even be able to make a profit by selling this 3gs.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:43 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

NIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift365 View Post
Last time I upgraded my contract was supposed to change, but we convinced them to let us keep our old, cheaper contract with more minutes, and still get the new contract price. If I can do that again I might go for it. Ive had the 3gs for a year so it only costs an extra $18, so as long as I can keep the unlimited data i might even be able to make a profit by selling this 3gs.
I get a 25% employee discount, as long as they don't change that during the upgrade, I will probably get the new iphone.
Old 06-10-2010, 11:32 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone4

Certs is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I certainly am, I get the new iPhone every year. This will be no exception
Old 06-10-2010, 01:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certs View Post
I certainly am, I get the new iPhone every year. This will be no exception
The only problem I have with it is that the screen isn't larger, the memory is still 32gb and its not 4G. So basically the biggest difference from the 3GS is that the screen is sharper and the camera has flash. The front facing camera is just a gimmick to me, I hardly talk anymore as it is and I mostly do text messaging, so I sure as hell aren't likely to make video calls. Also, if you get a new contract, you're ETF fee will double. I guess they purposely left these other things out so they can sucker us to upgrade to next years model.
Old 06-10-2010, 01:10 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone4

Certs is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I laugh when Apple says its the biggest leap fwd sine the original, if you think about it they all have been slight advances so how do you measure that?

The screen and faster processor are the big differences to me, playing with the ipad you'll be amazed just how little power that CPU needs. Still not a must-upgrade, like the 3G was.
Old 06-10-2010, 01:11 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

I don't think you can discount the hardware changes that have been made in addition to the camera flash and increased screen resolution. The hardware will be much more durable with the new super-strength glass and the phone is sure to get better reception on AT&T's inferior network with the new antenna band around the phone implementation.

Oh yeah, can't forget about the new, more powerful and more efficient processor.
Old 06-10-2010, 03:36 PM
BIGGZZ - VIP -
Pocket PC: Dell Streak

Biggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIKKG View Post
I get a 25% employee discount, as long as they don't change that during the upgrade, I will probably get the new iphone.
More info on the 25% discount please. I currently have 25% off with Sprint and would like to switch to ATT for the iphone. Information please.
Old 06-10-2010, 04:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggzz View Post
More info on the 25% discount please. I currently have 25% off with Sprint and would like to switch to ATT for the iphone. Information please.
You have to search for ATT Premier and hope your work email qualifies.
Old 06-10-2010, 05:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: iphone

drift365 is keeping up the good workdrift365 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to drift365

If you try hard enough you can convince them they will let you keep your old contract when you upgrade. My dad worked it out thismorning. So ill get the new phone for $200 and sell this one for $300-$500, and come out on top with unlimited data.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions