PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General iPhone Discussions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   Bricked or what? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=119963)

StylinOnUm 05-03-2010 01:30 AM

Bricked or what?

Somebody please tell me that there is a way to get my phone to work without restoring and lossing everything...ever since i Jail broke my phone ive had nothing but problems.. i wish i would have never done it...Im stuck on the apple screen ...](*,)](*,)](*,)

orangekid 05-03-2010 08:50 AM

Re: Bricked or what?

Quote:

Originally Posted by StylinOnUm (Post 1731823)
Somebody please tell me that there is a way to get my phone to work without restoring and lossing everything...ever since i Jail broke my phone ive had nothing but problems.. i wish i would have never done it...Im stuck on the apple screen ...](*,)](*,)](*,)

It's almost impossible to brick an iPhone.

plug the phone in to your computer via USB, put it into recovery mode (hold power + home key for 10 seconds, then let go of the power key and continue holding home).

When it is in recovery mode, you can restore it using the 3.1.2 ipsw, but this will erase your data, but it will be like a clean flash and it won't be jailbroken.

if you don't want to do that, then download blackra1n, plug in your iPhone ot your pc and click "make it ra1n" and it should get it turned back on just fine.

Let me know. Also, which iPhone were you on, on which firmware?

StylinOnUm 05-03-2010 09:43 AM

I cant loose my date ill go crazy!... I tried the make it rain...It just stays on the waiting for device and never starts.... NOTHING seems to wanna work for me man

StylinOnUm 05-03-2010 09:44 AM

Im also on 3.1.2 3gs model purchased in sep last year

orangekid 05-03-2010 09:51 AM

go to my unlocking thread, I have just updated it, download Spirit and try that.

StylinOnUm 05-03-2010 10:19 AM

it isent even noticeing my iphone is connected... i cant even click the jailbreak it says please connect device

orangekid 05-03-2010 10:23 AM

put it into DFU mode first.

hold power AND home key for 10 seonds. Let go of power but coninue holding the Home key till you see it go into DFU mode (bottom right of your computer taskbar area)

now try Spirit.

StylinOnUm 05-03-2010 10:45 AM

if i open itunes and it notices it in recovery mode..that means dfu right? if so i have it in that mode right now.

orangekid 05-03-2010 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StylinOnUm (Post 1732185)
if i open itunes and it notices it in recovery mode..that means dfu right? if so i have it in that mode right now.

OK so have you tried using blackra1n and Spirit on it while in recovery?

StylinOnUm 05-03-2010 11:00 AM

yea...neither is noticing the phone