PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions

Notices

User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2010, 03:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iphone
Carrier: at&t

StylinOnUm is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Locked Sim Card

Ok so i purchased another iPhone 3g yesterday and i swiped it clean and now it says i need an unlocked sim to activate it. My active sim card has a sim pin on it in the current iphone i use so i can take it out of this one and put it in the new one...anyone know how i can get around this.???
Old 04-27-2010, 09:49 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Re: Locked Sim Card

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinOnUm View Post
Ok so i purchased another iPhone 3g yesterday and i swiped it clean and now it says i need an unlocked sim to activate it. My active sim card has a sim pin on it in the current iphone i use so i can take it out of this one and put it in the new one...anyone know how i can get around this.???

what's the firmware on it? If you're on 3.1.2 jailbreak it with blackra1n (blackra1n.com) and it should fix the sim card asking.

Also if you put ANY sim card in it and connect it to Itunes it should load up just fine. I used a tmobile one and it worked, just didn't get service till i unlocked it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-27-2010, 01:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

StylinOnUm is a n00b

Thanks that worked...

Now in your thread you say there is an unlock and jail break for 3.1.3 which is what this 3g is that i just purchased.

I downloaded Sn0wbreeze and im attempting to use it but i cant find the ipsw file where it says to browse.

sn: i appreciate all the help dearly
Old 04-27-2010, 01:37 PM

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Thanks that worked...

Now in your thread you say there is an unlock and jail break for 3.1.3 which is what this 3g is that i just purchased.

I downloaded Sn0wbreeze and im attempting to use it but i cant find the ipsw file where it says to browse.

sn: i appreciate all the help dearly

you cannot unlock a phone on 3.1.3 unless it has a 5.08 bootloader, which is slim to none chance that it does. But you can can jailbreak it.

I attached the 3.1.2 IPSW in my unlocking thread, use that link to download it and point snowbreeze to that.
Old 04-27-2010, 02:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

StylinOnUm is a n00b

You were speaking of this you posted right>?
updating from a lower than 3.1.2 FW

If you have an iphone firmware of below 3.1.2 I would suggest updating to 3.1.2 (various bug fixes and a few improvements) and jailbreaking/unlocking it. Use the following process, but be very careful not to update to 3.1.3 or you're fu$%^ed.

downlaod the update for 3.1.2 from here.u

http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite....1_Restore.ipsw

I downloaded that... is the ipsw file that i browse for in snowbreeze in this zip file some place?
Old 04-27-2010, 08:49 PM

Quote:
You were speaking of this you posted right>?
updating from a lower than 3.1.2 FW

If you have an iphone firmware of below 3.1.2 I would suggest updating to 3.1.2 (various bug fixes and a few improvements) and jailbreaking/unlocking it. Use the following process, but be very careful not to update to 3.1.3 or you're fu$%^ed.

downlaod the update for 3.1.2 from here.u

I downloaded that... is the ipsw file that i browse for in snowbreeze in this zip file some place?

This isn't a zip file. this IS the ipsw file you're looking for. It will patch it and basically reflash 3.1.2 on your phone. you will be jailbroken but you cannot unlock it for tmobile (yet) because your baseband is probably 5.12.01 now
Old 04-27-2010, 09:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

StylinOnUm is a n00b

When I use the link above and download it...its a zip file that is 230 mb.

I know im becoming annyoing and your the only one that seems to want to help me so i understand if your beggining to become frusterated. You dont have to keep responding, im just new to this and pretty much clueless, im sorry.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:58 PM

Quote:
When I use the link above and download it...its a zip file that is 230 mb.

I know im becoming annyoing and your the only one that seems to want to help me so i understand if your beggining to become frusterated. You dont have to keep responding, im just new to this and pretty much clueless, im sorry.
trust me man it's totally cool. When I first started on here I had a windows mobile phone and I was asking pro cooks all sorts of questions that they answered on top of cooking quality ROMs and never flamed me for continually asking stuff.

we'll get you up and running. Just promise me you'll hang around and the next person who has questions you'll help them

here is the Link again. Let me know if it is a Zip file because it shouldn't be, it should just be an ipsw file.

Old 04-27-2010, 11:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

StylinOnUm is a n00b

Im not going anywhere, I like ta get people helped out and this seems like a pretty good place, teach and learn.

Its still a zip file ive attached a screen shot.

And i still cant make my themes work... im not having any progress!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg JustaZip.jpg (19.5 KB, 2 views) Click for barcode!
Old 04-28-2010, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Im not going anywhere, I like ta get people helped out and this seems like a pretty good place, teach and learn.

Its still a zip file ive attached a screen shot.

And i still cant make my themes work... im not having any progress!
I just re-clicked on the link in my post above yours (attached screen shot) and you can see it's coming in as an ipsw file. This is so weird.

you can even see in my link that the the file is an ipsw file (by the link file name)

just download it and unzip it I guess, or use a different browser and try again?

as far as the theming check that other thread again.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions