PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2010, 01:41 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
iPhone hints, tips, tricks!

The first post will be updated as more and more people reply with some good tips and tricks that you may not know.

to take a screenshot:hold the home button (that square button on the bottom of your phone) and press the top right power button. the screen will flash white, your screenshot is now in your camera photos, you can email or mms it.

To disable I-tunes opening up every time you connect your Iphone - press Ctrl-Alt-Delete and under processes close down "Ituneshelper". I would also delete the opening of this process from the registry. If you want a very easy way to see which programs open automatically in your registry, clean out temporary files and other crap, and fix registry errors, this program is amazingly awesome and 100% freeware. http://www.ccleaner.com/

To record video on your 2G/3G -
so yeah... Iphones not named 3GS can't even record video, (weaksauce).

But there are ways to do it. currently the best program (that I know of) is called Cycorder, It is free (yay!). Just open Cydia and search for "Cycorder" and install, you're good to go. Here's the FAQ on it. http://cydia.saurik.com/info/cycorder/questions.html

You will have to SSH (see http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=112607) to get the video to your computer for now. The FAQ shows you where the file is stored.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 04-30-2010, 03:14 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: iPhone hints, tips, tricks!

Very nice orangekid Thanks for the share and I'm sure it's going to help the Iphone users who are here and the new ones joining

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson
Old 11-08-2010, 06:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: IPhone 4G to Iphone 5
Carrier: Sprint PCS

BBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Nice. Cause there's no manual for the iphone 4g.

Old 11-19-2010, 03:18 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I found this HOW TO maximize your battery life on an Ipad, Ipod or Iphone and thought this is the perfect place!

• Keep Your iDevice Out of the Sun
  • Reduce the Screen Brightness
  • Make Sure the Screen Locks Quickly
  • Use Airplane Mode When You Don’t Need Internet (iPad/iPhone)
  • Use Wi-Fi Instead of 3G if Possible
  • Reduce or Eliminate Mail & Calendar Checking
  • Reduce or Eliminate Push Notifications
  • Reduce or Eliminate System Sounds
  • Disable Location Services
  • Disable Bluetooth If You Don’t Need It
  • Disable Vibrate Feature in Games
  • Charge and Discharge Your Battery Regularly
Some of these are common sense and you may already know this information. This is for those who don't!

Doing all of these will take the fun out of the phone imo. I would just disable the ones stated that you aren't using at all. To find more details click the link here.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:50 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: pharos pocket
Carrier: GSM

kamini is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Great post.
Old 01-11-2011, 09:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note
Carrier: ATT

NIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Courtney1985 View Post
I found this HOW TO maximize your battery life on an Ipad, Ipod or Iphone and thought this is the perfect place!

• Keep Your iDevice Out of the Sun
  • Reduce the Screen Brightness
  • Make Sure the Screen Locks Quickly
  • Use Airplane Mode When You Don’t Need Internet (iPad/iPhone)
  • Use Wi-Fi Instead of 3G if Possible
  • Reduce or Eliminate Mail & Calendar Checking
  • Reduce or Eliminate Push Notifications
  • Reduce or Eliminate System Sounds
  • Disable Location Services
  • Disable Bluetooth If You Don’t Need It
  • Disable Vibrate Feature in Games
  • Charge and Discharge Your Battery Regularly
Some of these are common sense and you may already know this information. This is for those who don't!

Doing all of these will take the fun out of the phone imo. I would just disable the ones stated that you aren't using at all. To find more details click the link here.
Number 4 is bad advice, do not put your iphone in airplane mode or else you won't get any phone calls. Maybe the ipod and ipad its ok, but never on the iphone.

PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions