PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions

Notices

User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2010, 11:32 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: iphone
Carrier: AT&T

drift365 is keeping up the good workdrift365 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to drift365
Re: how do you keep streaming while backgrounding/multitasking?

I didnt have any problems with backgrounder. I installed OS 4 last night and multitasking doesnt work too well. All it is, is quick switching. When you background pandora it stops playing, and when you go back to it it starts like you were opening the app.
Old 05-20-2010, 11:34 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile
Threadstarter

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift365 View Post
I didnt have any problems with backgrounder. I installed OS 4 last night and multitasking doesnt work too well. All it is, is quick switching. When you background pandora it stops playing, and when you go back to it it starts like you were opening the app.
you're on a 3G right? I thought they disabled multitasking for 3G so that could be the reason pandora is doing that?
Old 05-20-2010, 11:36 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Im on a 3Gs so it should work
Old 05-20-2010, 11:38 AM
Threadstarter

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Im on a 3Gs so it should work

yeah if you're on a 3GS it should work, that would be pretty funny if backgrounder from a third party guy works better than the official Apple multitasker.

Maybe they'll fix it for the next beta or official release.
Old 05-21-2010, 06:18 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

tt531 is just getting started
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

I had this problem when I had a video screensaver. I had to turn off the video screen saver when I used pandora for it to run in the background.

I have iPod touch 3gs

Last edited by tt531; 05-21-2010 at 06:19 PM.
Old 05-24-2010, 09:25 AM
Threadstarter

well he's not running a video bg because he's not jailbroken. Might just be a beta 4 bug, we'll see with the RTM what happens.

Any reviews so far on SO4.0? what do you think about it?
Old 05-25-2010, 02:42 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone4

Certs is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Its still beta, no apps are 4.0 compatible yet. If we're lucky we may get a test app or 2 like last year just to see how it works, but you won't get multitasking versions of any apps until 4.0 is released to the masses.
Old 05-25-2010, 10:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Theres a bunch of little things, but the only thing I really noticed was the ability to have a background, which you can do jailbroken anyway. Beta 4 is also very buggy (I hope its just the beta). It doesnt like the radio in my car. When I try to change the song it craps out.
Old 06-03-2010, 02:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Focus
Carrier: At&t

nite732 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to nite732 Send a message via Yahoo to nite732 Send a message via Skype™ to nite732

Make sure you go under settings and see what you have the home button set up for in activator. It could still be assigned to voice command.

PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions