PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions

Notices

User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2010, 11:36 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Re: New iPhone Proto Type

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perasite View Post
I would disagree about the looks. I think it looks more professional. If I were told that both had identical hardware and software, I would certainly choose this device over the current model if they were both laid side by side based solely on the looks of this device.
I agree, to me it looks smarter. so if it is a fake maybe they should hire this guy as a consultant. I don't get why they wouldn't up the screen size though (other reports of the 4G say it's a 3.5" wvga from what I've read)

I'm really liking the 4.x" screens now.
Old 04-26-2010, 12:06 PM

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

update, apple called da popos

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-20003308-37.html
Old 04-26-2010, 12:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint

JQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Then again...I don't think Apple would let gizmodo post a fake letter from their legal department. Nor do I think Gizmodo would go THIS far for the fake, this letter looks real. Though I still doubt the phone that was found is what we'll see in June, maybe one of a dozen prototypes...with philips head screws lol.

Anybody else care to comment on the body style? I mean MAYBE the seams and exposed philips heads screws would be covered in the final chassis but this phone still seems like something that might have elements of the final design but not a finished product, seems like it's def. some sort of prototype from apple.

And besides what Gizmodo is not thinking of is the fact that Apple IS indeed so secretive I'd be willing to be that THANKS to Gizmodo, Apple is now going to withhold some of the major hardware upgrades until the next iPhone because it isn't going to make big money off the surprise anymore. I wouldn't be surprised if they withheld the front facing camera and changed the chassis just enough for Gizmodo to look like Noobs and Apple will be able to make even more money now.
Old 04-26-2010, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JQuill View Post

Then again...I don't think Apple would let gizmodo post a fake letter from their legal department. Nor do I think Gizmodo would go THIS far for the fake, this letter looks real. Though I still doubt the phone that was found is what we'll see in June, maybe one of a dozen prototypes...with philips head screws lol.

Anybody else care to comment on the body style? I mean MAYBE the seams and exposed philips heads screws would be covered in the final chassis but this phone still seems like something that might have elements of the final design but not a finished product, seems like it's def. some sort of prototype from apple.

And besides what Gizmodo is not thinking of is the fact that Apple IS indeed so secretive I'd be willing to be that THANKS to Gizmodo, Apple is now going to withhold some of the major hardware upgrades until the next iPhone because it isn't going to make big money off the surprise anymore. I wouldn't be surprised if they withheld the front facing camera and changed the chassis just enough for Gizmodo to look like Noobs and Apple will be able to make even more money now.

i beg to differ. I think they intentionally "left" the phone so they would get all this hype, then send the letter to gizmodo and "call the cops" to make it seem like they didn't do it on purpose, and again, more pub.
Old 04-28-2010, 12:03 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint

JQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuffJQuill knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
i beg to differ. I think they intentionally "left" the phone so they would get all this hype, then send the letter to gizmodo and "call the cops" to make it seem like they didn't do it on purpose, and again, more pub.
There's not much publicity on it. The people that are reading these articles are mainly people who wouldn't even buy the iPhone. Info that the new iPhone is already "out there" and "theres pictures of it online", being leaked out there to iPhone fanatics by us...that just means Apple has no chance to market the device on their end so it's all going to be negative reviews and "WE FINALLY GOT APPLE" style publicity. Nothing that will help Apple when it comes to selling the device.
Old 04-28-2010, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JQuill View Post
There's not much publicity on it. The people that are reading these articles are mainly people who wouldn't even buy the iPhone. Info that the new iPhone is already "out there" and "theres pictures of it online", being leaked out there to iPhone fanatics by us...that just means Apple has no chance to market the device on their end so it's all going to be negative reviews and "WE FINALLY GOT APPLE" style publicity. Nothing that will help Apple when it comes to selling the device.

well i'm going off the "any pub is good pub" doctrine. They are staying relevant amidst tons of stories about android, google, winpho7, etc... and OS4 doesn't seem to be creating much of a buzz, except how to jailbreak and unlock it...

It's always possible they actually lost the phone but this whole thing just seems too hollywood.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions