PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2010, 10:24 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile
Threadstarter

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Re: can you unlock 3.1.3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrianh85 View Post
Wirelessly posted (AdrianH85(TP2): Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

i jailbroke 3.1.3 last night and downgrded to 3.1.2 but couldnt unlock the phone because she had done a official upgrade via itunes and that upgraded her bootrom(it could be called bootloader) 6.04 and so far that cannot be unlocked or downgraded!! if someone has found a way to unlock or downgrade to 5.80 please post or pm me!!

how do I tell what firmware and what bootloader version I have?
Old 02-11-2010, 12:43 PM
Serving the Metro DC Area
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt,9530 (Blackberry)
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
how do I tell what firmware and what bootloader version I have?
firmware is the os goto settings>general>about and scroll to verison!
for ur bootloader i use a program from cydia serching called fuzzyband!!

Old 02-11-2010, 12:45 PM
Threadstarter

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
firmware is the os goto settings>general>about and scroll to verison!
for ur bootloader i use a program from cydia serching called fuzzyband!!

I thought it had to be jailbroken to use cydia? if not, how to I install cydia?
Old 02-11-2010, 12:49 PM

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
I thought it had to be jailbroken to use cydia? if not, how to I install cydia?
ur right u do have to be jailbroken to use cydia!! well all i did was rebuilt a ipsw(3.1.2) for a 3gs with blckrain cooked in and restored it via itunes (shift + tap restore )
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-11-2010, 12:50 PM
Threadstarter

Quote:
ur right u do have to be jailbroken to use cydia!! well all i did was rebuilt a ipsw(3.1.2) for a 3gs with blckrain cooked in and restored it via itunes (shift + tap restore )
what?

sorry im really new with iphone, I can cook a sick custom rom, but i have no clue what you just said.
Old 02-11-2010, 01:03 PM

Quote:
what?

sorry im really new with iphone, I can cook a sick custom rom, but i have no clue what you just said.
google is ur best frined!(no pun intended) im new to this to but my google-fu is impeckable!!

on topic the reson u cannot unlock ur iphone 3gs with a offical update via itunes is because that update also includes baseband 5.12.01 and bootloader 6.04 whice at this time cannot be unlovked or downgraded!!

however u can still jailbreak the device and downgrade ur os firmware!!

check out blackra1n by geohot
Old 02-11-2010, 01:27 PM
Threadstarter

Quote:
google is ur best frined!(no pun intended) im new to this to but my google-fu is impeckable!!

on topic the reson u cannot unlock ur iphone 3gs with a offical update via itunes is because that update also includes baseband 5.12.01 and bootloader 6.04 whice at this time cannot be unlovked or downgraded!!

however u can still jailbreak the device and downgrade ur os firmware!!

check out blackra1n by geohot
my "modem firmware" is 5.12.01. this means I can't unlock it for Tmo yet right?

Last edited by orangekid; 02-11-2010 at 01:29 PM.
Old 02-11-2010, 01:27 PM
Threadstarter

Quote:

I know but there are SO MANY things in google I'm worried if I try the wrong thing I'll brick it, I tend to trust PPCGers more.
Old 02-11-2010, 01:38 PM

Quote:
my "modem firmware" is 5.12.01. this means I can't unlock it for Tmo yet right?
so far thats correct u cannot unlock yet!! now i have someones 3gs and all they call do is use it as a touch ! thats what they get for not following my directions(and updating even tho i told them not to)

My question to everyone here am i wrong for keeping the money they paid for me unlocking the device!! it worked and then they f`ed it up by undating!!

Quote:
I know but there are SO MANY things in google I'm worried if I try the wrong thing I'll brick it, I tend to trust PPCGers more.
i feel u i only trust here and xda and that person that posted has to have some type of rep before i try it!! also if said person joined that same month and put out something super fresh i damn sure wont try it!!
post me some thinks if i helped u out!!
Old 02-11-2010, 01:48 PM
Threadstarter

Quote:
My question to everyone here am i wrong for keeping the money they paid for me unlocking the device!! it worked and then they f`ed it up by undating!!
Hell no, he should have listened to you, maybe when the 5.12.01 is released charge him half price

Quote:
i feel u i only trust here and xda and that person that posted has to have some type of rep before i try it!! also if said person joined that same month and put out something super fresh i damn sure wont try it!!
post me some thinks if i helped u out!!
well I guess I have an ipod touch till they release the unlocker for me, I guess I can go ahead and jailbreak it and download some apps and use wifi on it till i can unlock it. It's a very good condition 8/10 3G 16GBs I got from someone for $250 so I'm still pretty pleased with my purchase even though the baseband was updated.

I hit you with 3 thanks, appreciate it, sorry if I'm posting things I could find on google, I just tend to trust (as you pointed out) a PPCG'er who's also a VIP over anyone on google, just like if you wanted advice on unlocking and flashing a custom ROM on your diamond you'd probably take my advice over some random dude.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions