PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General iPhone Discussions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   can you unlock 3.1.3? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=110184)

orangekid 02-11-2010 10:24 AM

Re: can you unlock 3.1.3?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adrianh85 (Post 1557884)
Wirelessly posted (AdrianH85(TP2): Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

i jailbroke 3.1.3 last night and downgrded to 3.1.2 but couldnt unlock the phone because she had done a official upgrade via itunes and that upgraded her bootrom(it could be called bootloader) 6.04 and so far that cannot be unlocked or downgraded!! if someone has found a way to unlock or downgrade to 5.80 please post or pm me!!

how do I tell what firmware and what bootloader version I have?

Adrianh85 02-11-2010 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangekid (Post 1557898)
how do I tell what firmware and what bootloader version I have?

firmware is the os goto settings>general>about and scroll to verison!
for ur bootloader i use a program from cydia serching called fuzzyband!!

orangekid 02-11-2010 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adrianh85 (Post 1558167)
firmware is the os goto settings>general>about and scroll to verison!
for ur bootloader i use a program from cydia serching called fuzzyband!!

I thought it had to be jailbroken to use cydia? if not, how to I install cydia?

Adrianh85 02-11-2010 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangekid (Post 1558175)
I thought it had to be jailbroken to use cydia? if not, how to I install cydia?

ur right u do have to be jailbroken to use cydia!! well all i did was rebuilt a ipsw(3.1.2) for a 3gs with blckrain cooked in and restored it via itunes (shift + tap restore )

orangekid 02-11-2010 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adrianh85 (Post 1558187)
ur right u do have to be jailbroken to use cydia!! well all i did was rebuilt a ipsw(3.1.2) for a 3gs with blckrain cooked in and restored it via itunes (shift + tap restore )

what?

sorry im really new with iphone, I can cook a sick custom rom, but i have no clue what you just said.

Adrianh85 02-11-2010 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangekid (Post 1558195)
what?

sorry im really new with iphone, I can cook a sick custom rom, but i have no clue what you just said.

google is ur best frined!(no pun intended) im new to this to but my google-fu is impeckable!!

on topic the reson u cannot unlock ur iphone 3gs with a offical update via itunes is because that update also includes baseband 5.12.01 and bootloader 6.04 whice at this time cannot be unlovked or downgraded!!

however u can still jailbreak the device and downgrade ur os firmware!!

check out blackra1n by geohot

orangekid 02-11-2010 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adrianh85 (Post 1558244)
google is ur best frined!(no pun intended) im new to this to but my google-fu is impeckable!!

on topic the reson u cannot unlock ur iphone 3gs with a offical update via itunes is because that update also includes baseband 5.12.01 and bootloader 6.04 whice at this time cannot be unlovked or downgraded!!

however u can still jailbreak the device and downgrade ur os firmware!!

check out blackra1n by geohot

my "modem firmware" is 5.12.01. this means I can't unlock it for Tmo yet right?

orangekid 02-11-2010 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adrianh85 (Post 1558244)

I know but there are SO MANY things in google I'm worried if I try the wrong thing I'll brick it, I tend to trust PPCGers more.

Adrianh85 02-11-2010 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangekid (Post 1558306)
my "modem firmware" is 5.12.01. this means I can't unlock it for Tmo yet right?

so far thats correct u cannot unlock yet!! now i have someones 3gs and all they call do is use it as a touch ! thats what they get for not following my directions(and updating even tho i told them not to)

My question to everyone here am i wrong for keeping the money they paid for me unlocking the device!! it worked and then they f`ed it up by undating!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangekid (Post 1558309)
I know but there are SO MANY things in google I'm worried if I try the wrong thing I'll brick it, I tend to trust PPCGers more.

i feel u i only trust here and xda and that person that posted has to have some type of rep before i try it!! also if said person joined that same month and put out something super fresh i damn sure wont try it!!
post me some thinks if i helped u out!!

orangekid 02-11-2010 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adrianh85 (Post 1558342)
My question to everyone here am i wrong for keeping the money they paid for me unlocking the device!! it worked and then they f`ed it up by undating!!

Hell no, he should have listened to you, maybe when the 5.12.01 is released charge him half price :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adrianh85 (Post 1558342)
i feel u i only trust here and xda and that person that posted has to have some type of rep before i try it!! also if said person joined that same month and put out something super fresh i damn sure wont try it!!
post me some thinks if i helped u out!!

well I guess I have an ipod touch till they release the unlocker for me, I guess I can go ahead and jailbreak it and download some apps and use wifi on it till i can unlock it. It's a very good condition 8/10 3G 16GBs I got from someone for $250 so I'm still pretty pleased with my purchase even though the baseband was updated.

I hit you with 3 thanks, appreciate it, sorry if I'm posting things I could find on google, I just tend to trust (as you pointed out) a PPCG'er who's also a VIP over anyone on google, just like if you wanted advice on unlocking and flashing a custom ROM on your diamond you'd probably take my advice over some random dude.