PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions
Register Community Search

Notices

User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2010, 01:35 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: .
Carrier: .

wardeworth is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
IPhone problem

Hey

if i had a brand new never opened iphone that i bought without a contract and it says no sim installed can i put in an old singular sim card that used to be activated but now isn't will i be able to get to the iphone home screen and be able to use the ipod and wi-fi but not the phone function.
Any help please?
Old 01-16-2010, 02:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Evo/Epic
Carrier: Sprint

insomniac is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinsomniac is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinsomniac is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: IPhone problem

why not just try n see if it works, but phone may not work, most is phone rejects sim card. you could also call at&t and see if its activatable, but doubt it, at&t took over cingular, but that was a while ago, so dont think you can activate it. I dont understand why you just dont use an ipod or something similar if thats all you want.
Old 01-16-2010, 11:20 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: iphone
Carrier: AT&T

drift365 is keeping up the good workdrift365 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to drift365

You should still be able to use all of the iphones functions (other than the phone) without the sim. I have used mine without one.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-16-2010, 08:32 PM
Robin Hood of CyberSpace
Pocket PC: Lumia 635
Carrier: T-Mobile

CyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to CyberMonkey Send a message via Yahoo to CyberMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift365 View Post
You should still be able to use all of the iphones functions (other than the phone) without the sim. I have used mine without one.
You gots it drift. I switched to the HTC Pure, and iPhone I sill use for some stuff and it has no sim.
To access the net, I just connect to my wireless network at home and can do all I need.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-17-2010, 02:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

insomniac is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinsomniac is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinsomniac is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberMonkey View Post
You gots it drift. I switched to the HTC Pure, and iPhone I sill use for some stuff and it has no sim.
To access the net, I just connect to my wireless network at home and can do all I need.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift365 View Post
SO, this means I can play games on the no sim, unused iphone just collecting dust there in the drawer?
Or use the tp2 with it as a wifi router?

Last edited by insomniac; 01-17-2010 at 02:31 PM.
Old 01-17-2010, 05:44 PM
Robin Hood of CyberSpace

CyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuffCyberMonkey knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by insomniac View Post
SO, this means I can play games on the no sim, unused iphone just collecting dust there in the drawer?
Or use the tp2 with it as a wifi router?
And the only thing you can't use it for is making phone services....of course there are ways to make it use VIOP service if you have it connected to a wireless network.

Can play games, listen to music, with it connected via Wi-FI you can browse the net and use apps that require net access....
Old 01-18-2010, 03:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Yeah, I have ben using ppc before it was even a phone, so not familiar enooufh with iphone, it is the 3gs, also experienced the older version, but didnt last long, dont like the phone, but there is this game on there I love, i automatically assumed i couldnt do anything, especially if a data connection is needed, since there was no sim, and assumed there would just be some type of rejection msg due to that, oh well, thanks guys. Playing that game now actually, ha, I missed it, lol
Old 01-20-2010, 10:17 AM
Robin Hood of CyberSpace

Quote:
Originally Posted by insomniac View Post
Yeah, I have ben using ppc before it was even a phone, so not familiar enooufh with iphone, it is the 3gs, also experienced the older version, but didnt last long, dont like the phone, but there is this game on there I love, i automatically assumed i couldnt do anything, especially if a data connection is needed, since there was no sim, and assumed there would just be some type of rejection msg due to that, oh well, thanks guys. Playing that game now actually, ha, I missed it, lol
Basically an iPhone with no SIM card = an iPod Touch.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > iPhone > General iPhone Discussions