PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General iPhone Discussions (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=197)
-   -   IPhone problem (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=106536)

wardeworth 01-16-2010 01:35 AM

IPhone problem

Hey

if i had a brand new never opened iphone that i bought without a contract and it says no sim installed can i put in an old singular sim card that used to be activated but now isn't will i be able to get to the iphone home screen and be able to use the ipod and wi-fi but not the phone function.
Any help please?

insomniac 01-16-2010 02:06 AM

Re: IPhone problem

why not just try n see if it works, but phone may not work, most is phone rejects sim card. you could also call at&t and see if its activatable, but doubt it, at&t took over cingular, but that was a while ago, so dont think you can activate it. I dont understand why you just dont use an ipod or something similar if thats all you want.

drift365 01-16-2010 11:20 AM

You should still be able to use all of the iphones functions (other than the phone) without the sim. I have used mine without one.

CyberMonkey 01-16-2010 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drift365 (Post 1493565)
You should still be able to use all of the iphones functions (other than the phone) without the sim. I have used mine without one.

You gots it drift. I switched to the HTC Pure, and iPhone I sill use for some stuff and it has no sim.
To access the net, I just connect to my wireless network at home and can do all I need.

insomniac 01-17-2010 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberMonkey (Post 1494725)
You gots it drift. I switched to the HTC Pure, and iPhone I sill use for some stuff and it has no sim.
To access the net, I just connect to my wireless network at home and can do all I need.

Quote:

Originally Posted by drift365 (Post 1493565)

SO, this means I can play games on the no sim, unused iphone just collecting dust there in the drawer?
Or use the tp2 with it as a wifi router?

CyberMonkey 01-17-2010 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by insomniac (Post 1496197)
SO, this means I can play games on the no sim, unused iphone just collecting dust there in the drawer?
Or use the tp2 with it as a wifi router?

And the only thing you can't use it for is making phone services....of course there are ways to make it use VIOP service if you have it connected to a wireless network.

Can play games, listen to music, with it connected via Wi-FI you can browse the net and use apps that require net access....

insomniac 01-18-2010 03:19 AM

Yeah, I have ben using ppc before it was even a phone, so not familiar enooufh with iphone, it is the 3gs, also experienced the older version, but didnt last long, dont like the phone, but there is this game on there I love, i automatically assumed i couldnt do anything, especially if a data connection is needed, since there was no sim, and assumed there would just be some type of rejection msg due to that, oh well, thanks guys. Playing that game now actually, ha, I missed it, lol

CyberMonkey 01-20-2010 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by insomniac (Post 1498081)
Yeah, I have ben using ppc before it was even a phone, so not familiar enooufh with iphone, it is the 3gs, also experienced the older version, but didnt last long, dont like the phone, but there is this game on there I love, i automatically assumed i couldnt do anything, especially if a data connection is needed, since there was no sim, and assumed there would just be some type of rejection msg due to that, oh well, thanks guys. Playing that game now actually, ha, I missed it, lol

Basically an iPhone with no SIM card = an iPod Touch.