PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2009, 04:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Verizon

dB Zac is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint; Hero/Moment Pros & Cons

I have had mine since the Mon after it was released. I dig it so far. The keyboard has a huge learning curve, I am just now getting fast with it.
I find my self making it "sense" like in a lot of ways. I have the "weather widget", "open home", and "better keyboard" witch make it like a poor man's sense LOL. The phone has never slowed down on me once and the screen is vary sensitive. I really like it so far. I was bummed at 1st that the slide is not spring assisted but it is a slider phone that is damn near the same thickness as the hero.
Old 12-07-2009, 03:45 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: hero cdma
Carrier: sprint

drksilenc is keeping up the good workdrksilenc is keeping up the good work

all in all i like my hero. the onscreen keyboard to like an hour to use properly and im moving from the tp prior to that i had the touch. what lag is this you speak of? i never have lag while dialing or scrolling across are u using advanced task killer to make sure u have memory left? if not thats prbly your problem. its like my desktop quad core 4gb ram and a gtx 295 graphics with win 7. if i open up to much stuff it will still choke. also why dou need to update hardware if the os is more seamless and for that matter the screen is better quality on the hero than on the moment. atleast the responsiveness.
Old 12-22-2009, 05:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Surround
Carrier: AT&T

b33j is a n00b
Send a message via Skype™ to b33j

Maybe you could tell me how an HVGA screen is better than an AMOLED screen. They're both the same resolution, so that can't be what you're talking about.
Old 12-27-2009, 11:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc diamond
Carrier: sprint pcs

corleone401 is just getting started

I've had my hero for a week now, and I have experienced no lag doing anything. My wife has the moment and she loves it. There is different widgets and things that are added to the hero because of the htc brand, but both are great phones. I came from the pre which was laggy, buggy and just an overall piece of crap. I traded the pre for a htc touch pro 2 and that was the slowest phone I've ever had. The diamond's tf3d was much snappier than the tp2 tf3d.
Old 01-05-2010, 12:19 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

I opted for the Moment because I just cannot imagine having no hardware keyboard and knew going into it that the Moment's CPU was faster and thus provided less screen lag. I am very happy with it... very close to swapping out my TP2 permenantly for my Moment.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

BlkCat is just getting started

I have absolutely no issues with the Hero and it is completely lag free.

With 33 non-stock apps installed, not rooted, and using Advanced Task Manager (which I was 100% against until I tried it out) my phone is 1,000x faster than my HTC Vogue/Touch.

Hmm...as much as I try to come up with a con for the hero, the only thing I could say that -may- improve it would be a slideout keyboard. But then again, I've never been too fond of those.

Last edited by BlkCat; 01-12-2010 at 10:43 AM. Reason: Fixed grammar issue
Old 01-12-2010, 01:12 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Inability to play local streaming radio is my only con. I love listening to my local guys while i sit at work. Hopefully something soon or i may just throw this POS against the WALL!!! .... Im kidding, I love my hero, even though she is missing a finger.

Thats how sweet the signal is in my office!!
Old 01-16-2010, 10:08 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

NewYorkLaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNewYorkLaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNewYorkLaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNewYorkLaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

My wife and I both took Heros. I love mine, she hated hers. 2 weeks into it, she traded it back for the Moment. She LOVES the moment. Now that I've played with hers, I see why people like it. We have all the same apps installed and hers is obviously faster, more responsive, and the keyboard is very nice to have. I have a day or two left on my 30-day guarantee, and have given it a lot of thought, but will stay with the hero. I prefer the smaller phone, and have gotten used to the keyboard. Also, I do not use it much as a phone, so the dialer lag (even with vibrate and sound off) does not bother me that much.

Noteworthy is the fact that some games that do not work well on my hero (pinball, for example) because of the lagginess, play extremely well on the moment.

Bottom line: they're both great phones. If size and weight are more important, go hero. If speed, smooth flow, and typing are more important, go moment.

I hope this helps someone, but if you have other questions someone with both in hand can answer, let me know.
Pete
Old 01-31-2010, 05:15 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

WreckognizeThis is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to WreckognizeThis Send a message via Skype™ to WreckognizeThis

My wife ordered the Palm Pre for me after I told her that was the phone I wanted to upgrade to it from the Rumor (Part 1). However, I had changed my mind and had seriously leaned toward the Hero not knowing she had already ordered the Pre for me. Long story short, when the Palm Pre arrived at my house, I took in to a Sprint store to swap it out for the Hero (another long story). As the associate was making the exchange I asked her was I making the right decision. That's when she convinced me to chose the Moment over the Hero. I've second guess my decision every now and then, but overall I'm very, very happy with my Moment, especially after this latest update.

PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion