PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2009, 04:54 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82
Dell to get in the PPC/Smartphone market?!?

I'm not sure if I would ever buy a Dell phone based on my experience with their computers, but here's a screenshot of what looks like a Dell Android smartphone from Engadget: http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2009/0...rtphone-ditty/
Old 06-16-2009, 12:49 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Whosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Whosdaman Send a message via MSN to Whosdaman Send a message via Yahoo to Whosdaman Send a message via Skype™ to Whosdaman
Re: Dell to get in the PPC/Smartphone market?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfrost82 View Post
I'm not sure if I would ever buy a Dell phone based on my experience with their computers, but here's a screenshot of what looks like a Dell Android smartphone from Engadget: http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2009/0...rtphone-ditty/
Well if you havent seen or heard, Dell has recently (or its HP) been in the maret of dropping Windows for Android only, and you may think no way....they are REALLY considering it, and I'm glad. Windows is the worse OS there. And with a Unix based OS for Dell it will come with a LIFETIME support, along with a community that will be constantly updating it, because the rule is if a Unix based OS is sold for money profit, you must must must give lifetime support. So personally I am encouraging moving towards this, and this will also cause Unix based OS's to dramatically increase to potential and workability.

Right now the number of Unix users is very small compared to Windows, but it has increased over 25% in the past year! And with the most people supporting Unix, the better it will become because that means more support more updates and better stability. Mac is a Unix based OS believe or not and it is at the very top of the game, since IMO it is the best OS out there with LinuxMint 7 in a near 2nd.

The good thing about Unix, no virus. Well typically if someone creates a virus, the community can easily stop it because:

1. the codes are open, everyone can see them, nothing is hidden like in Windows.

2. Linux cannot be hacked, again another believe or not, at the yearly Hackathon (I think thats what they call it). If you hack it you can keep it free. Guess what was hacked first? Mac OS X. Lol, but they had a very good reason why and the reason why Adobe 9.1 and the new flash players were so important. A security flaw in the Adobe programs allowed them to be hacked. So Mac was first to go, then Windows.....but wait nothing else? Everything else was Unix and yet nothing else was hacked? Amazing

I don't have any sources, but I know this stuff for facts as I use to work for a Computer genius, and he told me everyday about what is going on with Unix. He has his OWN Unix OS, which anyone can make. It is for himself only, but I have a copy for myself, and he uses it on all his computers at his shop to use for fixing Windows PC's....sadly thats all he ever has

(I joked with him one time cause he said that he wish Windows would finally just give up, and I said the day that happens....you wont have a job lol)

Thanks for reading,
Korey

But it wouldnt surprise me if Dell did make a phone, but I would be surprised since Android already has a deal with T-Mobile...
Old 06-16-2009, 10:35 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Sprint Hero

toastcfh is becoming a great contributor

crazy... i still got my x50 from way back.. they atleast gave me support up to wm5 and i had to pay for it. boo. anyhow i agree with mindfrost. i dont think id go the dell route again. if it wasnt for xda the device wouldve died the mounth after it came out. but i guess thats the story for all our devices. hope dell does it right this time.
Old 06-19-2009, 05:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4g

JC Disciple is a n00b

Too late for them to get into the market. Now if they joined with another company then maybe it would be wise, but now with the Palm Pre in the market no need for Dell.
Old 06-19-2009, 05:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Intrepid
Carrier: The Now Network

rafyrod is keeping up the good workrafyrod is keeping up the good workrafyrod is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to rafyrod

what they gonna call it "inspiron 9000" haha

i heard about it long time ago and got dismiss cuz it felt toy like and did not got the attention of consumer as business oriented phone...
Old 06-20-2011, 07:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: airtel
Carrier: nokia

avinkool is a n00b

According to my thinking point of vie. i still got my x50 from way back.. they at least gave me abutment up to wm5 and i had to pay for it. boo. about i accede with mind frost. i don't anticipate id go the allowance avenue again. if it wasn't for xda the accessory would've died the mouth afterwards it came out. but i assumption thats the adventure for all our devices. achievement allowance does it appropriate this time.
Old 06-25-2011, 02:18 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: SERO Premium

chong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

It sure doest look ugly.

My first PDA is the Dell x51v without phone function.
Old 06-26-2011, 12:21 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
It sure doest look ugly.

My first PDA is the Dell x51v without phone function.
Most old PDA's that were branded by Dell and HP were made by HTC actually..

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)

PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion