PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2011, 08:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

wherestheanykey is keeping up the good workwherestheanykey is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Reverse Software Update

Hi, does anyone know how to get the Optimus S back to the original software version before the OTA update (LS670ZVC)? I have run the gingersnap root utility on the update and have Superuser installed. Phone is working fine and has Wifi tether installed, however my wife can't connect her Nook Color to it now, becasue it won't see AdHoc connections. Need to get back to the original software version.

Thanks
Baseband: 2.15.00.11.19
Kernel: 2.6.32.17-gee557fd-htc-kernel@and18-2 #15
Old 08-05-2011, 01:29 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Re: Reverse Software Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by wherestheanykey View Post
Hi, does anyone know how to get the Optimus S back to the original software version before the OTA update (LS670ZVC)? I have run the gingersnap root utility on the update and have Superuser installed. Phone is working fine and has Wifi tether installed, however my wife can't connect her Nook Color to it now, becasue it won't see AdHoc connections. Need to get back to the original software version.

Thanks
I dont recommend doing that because you will also have to revert the baseband to VC as well. Doing so will put you at an inferior firmware.

I dont know if you want to go this route but I have a custom ROM based on VD that allows for Infrastructure mode using the native hotspot like the old VC method.

Its up to you. If you really want to revert I have the image files from LG and will upload for you but if you are going to do all that you should try my custom CleanROM first.

Let me know your thoughts and I will help either way...

-Scott

Donations always accepted but never expected!
Old 08-06-2011, 04:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 4G
Threadstarter

wherestheanykey is keeping up the good workwherestheanykey is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler View Post
I dont recommend doing that because you will also have to revert the baseband to VC as well. Doing so will put you at an inferior firmware.

I dont know if you want to go this route but I have a custom ROM based on VD that allows for Infrastructure mode using the native hotspot like the old VC method.

Its up to you. If you really want to revert I have the image files from LG and will upload for you but if you are going to do all that you should try my custom CleanROM first.

Let me know your thoughts and I will help either way...

-Scott
Ok I like custom ROMs but this is my wife's phone, so I need to keep it looking and operating as close as stock as possible. And so far I have not flashed a custom recovery or anything. I want to be able to get back to stock quickly and easily and am just not sure how to do this on the Optimus. I have the EVO 4G and it's a breeze. Right now If I have to bring the Optimus in for service, all I have to do is do a factory data wipe and they will never know anything was done, since the only thing to make it obvious is it having the Superuser app. Is there a easy way to go back to stock once I have installed a custom recovery and ROM?
Old 08-06-2011, 08:33 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wherestheanykey View Post
Ok I like custom ROMs but this is my wife's phone, so I need to keep it looking and operating as close as stock as possible. And so far I have not flashed a custom recovery or anything. I want to be able to get back to stock quickly and easily and am just not sure how to do this on the Optimus. I have the EVO 4G and it's a breeze. Right now If I have to bring the Optimus in for service, all I have to do is do a factory data wipe and they will never know anything was done, since the only thing to make it obvious is it having the Superuser app. Is there a easy way to go back to stock once I have installed a custom recovery and ROM?
Yep, I can get you back to stock... Like I posted in the other thread, I will post instructions and links tonight....
Old 06-25-2013, 04:57 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: pocket pc
Carrier: airtel

semontuffel is a n00b

Many people like to keep their iphone update software with the latest firmware and others prefer to stay with previous versions of IOS for familiar features. iphone provide it's version so you can easily download and install it.

PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion