PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General Android Discussion (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   Android to take 58 percent of smartphone apps (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=151677)

nastu 03-05-2013 02:27 AM

Android to take 58 percent of smartphone apps

More than half, or 58 percent, of the total 56 billion smartphone app downloads expected this year will be Android apps, while Apple iOS will account for 33 percent. Microsoft's Windows Phone will have a share of slightly less than 4 percent and BlackBerry will see 3 percent.

schettj 03-05-2013 10:03 AM

Re: Android to take 58 percent of smartphone apps

Awesome. Wonder how many apps get used for more than a day. I know my working set of apps on limited phones is about 5. On phones with functional browsers its about 3. Windows Phone has a functional browser, so I just use it instead of apps which provides access to web services.

cafayzieg 03-08-2013 04:26 AM

Thank you very much. Much useful information.

gTen 03-15-2013 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schettj (Post 2192604)
Awesome. Wonder how many apps get used for more than a day. I know my working set of apps on limited phones is about 5. On phones with functional browsers its about 3. Windows Phone has a functional browser, so I just use it instead of apps which provides access to web services.

Schettj, have you seen the new FTC guidelines? Now you have to do full disclosures on social networks and etc. That means you have to put that your a MS employee under every pro WP statement lol

FTC: your mobile and social media ads still need disclosures*

schettj 03-15-2013 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gTen (Post 2192847)
Schettj, have you seen the new FTC guidelines? Now you have to do full disclosures on social networks and etc. That means you have to put that your a MS employee under every pro WP statement lol

FTC: your mobile and social media ads still need disclosures*

My posts aren't ads, so I'm good.

nastu 03-19-2013 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schettj (Post 2192604)

Browser is also an app in Android.

drift_shifter8 04-11-2013 03:49 AM

More shares for the android market it seems.

rousellwall 04-16-2013 09:05 AM

I think the market over windows phone & blackberry are slightly going down as compared to the Android Market. Android seems to be more expected over the solution of market.

PatrickPeter 04-18-2013 07:15 AM

Was just thinking that many applications get used for more than a day. I know my working set of applications on limited mobile phones is about 5. On mobile phones with efficient internet explorer its about 3. Windows Phone has a efficient internet browser, so I just use it instead of applications which provides access to web services. . . . .

Our involvement will extend your business | marketing services

visit us for professional growing

Zoya Bennet 06-27-2013 08:09 AM

Great news. Android is becoming the future of Smartphones I could say also a report says that that Android holds the top position in US market shares. The increased number of Android users is the evident for this report.