PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General Android Discussion (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   Can I transfer WP7 info over to Droid? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=151028)

JohnMcD348 09-17-2012 11:23 PM

Can I transfer WP7 info over to Droid?

OK, I still looking at possibly transferring over to Droid from WP7 since Sprint no longer supports the platform. I've been having some issues with call quality and it's apparently been pinpointed to the newer Sprint towers and the older EVO/CDMA system that was the Nextel/Sprint system.

So, if/when I do get a new Droid phone, I'd like to be able to tranfer my contacts and other stuff over without having to manually input everything. I know Android has the Windows Skydrive app but I'm not sure if it will sync up my contacts, calender(hotmail), photos and other files that are in Skydrive.

Is there a program out there that will allow me to do this? WIll I be able to just keep using Skydrive?

FTR, The three phones I'm considering are the Galaxy S3, Photon Q( I Like sliders) and the EVO 4G. I just haven't decided yet.

Thanks for the help. I really need to make a decision soon on this stuff.

EyeB 09-18-2012 07:59 AM

Re: Can I transfer WP7 info over to Droid?

sync to google's servers? or take it into sprint store and let them worry about it would be easiest probably

JohnMcD348 09-18-2012 10:04 AM

I've never had any luck with Sprint being able to transfer my phone info unless it was directly from the same model phone to the next. Also, I was concerned about photos, files and other things I've done over the past year or so that I would risk loosing if not on the new phone. Like in the OP, I use SkyDrive but, wouldn't want to loose the originals. I'd like to be able to move the files and such over to the other phone and since they are not really MS specific files, except for a few Documents and such, which I'm sure I can find a Droid compatible app for, I'd like to move them over from my Arrive to whatever Droid device I get.

kg4icg 09-18-2012 04:05 PM

You can use your hot mail or Gmail account. They both will sink up on Android.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

EyeB 09-18-2012 10:50 PM

hm if you can put it on skydrive, why cant you put it on an sd card? or usb cable to your computer?

Amamba 09-25-2012 07:42 PM

Sync your appointments and contacts to Google. Copy files to SkyDrive. You should be all set.

schettj 09-26-2012 08:44 AM

I guess the better question would be, is there any way you could not transfer your stuff over :)

afaq_anjum1 09-27-2012 03:55 AM

You can find more information in the application thread. ... Move, Pin, and Send PDF Files on WP7 with PDF Move ... out—fast, smooth, and highly responsive (even more so than Android and iOS depending on the device).

esqueue 09-28-2012 09:00 PM

I transferred all my contacts from my arrive to my Galaxy s3 by syncing all my info to skydrive. Go to hotmail.com, sign-in, click on contacts, click on the manage tab then click on export.

The file will be saved to your computer as WLMContacts.csv . After you have the csv file go to mail.google.com and log-in or create a gmail account. After you've logged in, look in the top-left corner for the word GMAIL with a drop down arrow next to it. Click it then click contacts. On the same left side but a little lower, click on import contacts.

You should be able to figure out the rest from there.

JohnMcD348 09-28-2012 10:48 PM

That made it all sound pretty simple. When/if I do end up going Droid, I'll keep this all for reference.