PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2012, 09:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch and TP2
Carrier: Sprint

sadthai is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsadthai is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsadthai is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsadthai is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
possible to use my smart phone with landline?

i want to use my old (deactivated) android phone with my landline phone connection. anyway this is possible? any device that will connect the android phone with the landline jack using a blue tooth?

im aware that some landline cordless phone has some features like phone to cell link, but this only allows calls from cell phone to be answered through the home cordless phone. remember, i want to answer my landline calls through my smart phone and not the other way around.

you guys may ask why? well, the landline is a business line and in our particular business, it would be a tremendous help if we can save our clients number into our phone's phone book easily. most landland phone has horrible phone book/contact list, and only show call history of 20-50.

porting my landline number to cell service is not an option.

im aware that there are the archos 35 android landline touch screen phone, but i cant find that one for sell anywhere.

thank you for your inputs
Old 05-31-2012, 09:37 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: possible to use my smart phone with landline?

If your goal is a better phonebook why not just use something like google voice? or if it has to be a custom implementation there is always Asterisk.

As for the Archos 35, I think its only in the UK, so you might have to import it if that is what you want. Motorola also has the hs1101 and mbp2000pu coming soon.

Otherwise what it sounds like you want is a Bluetooth Landline Adapter. though keep in mind the class of the bluetooth of your cellphone aka you might be limited to 10m range unless you attach a more powerful connector to allow for 100m range to your cellphone.

Overall though I would suggest using Asterisk and wifi with a SIP client.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 06-09-2012, 11:57 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

hm I'd do it the easy way (I do this now)

I just have phone always have wifi on (even during sleep) so calls can always be picked up

then using google voice to make/receive calls via wifi on the phone. This isn't exactly a landline but it works like one

about turning landline into bluetooth, something like this might work for you
http://www.amazon.com/Cobra-PhoneLyn.../dp/B0043D2IBE
Old 06-13-2012, 08:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch and TP2
Threadstarter

sadthai is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsadthai is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsadthai is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsadthai is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
If your goal is a better phonebook why not just use something like google voice? or if it has to be a custom implementation there is always Asterisk.

As for the Archos 35, I think its only in the UK, so you might have to import it if that is what you want. Motorola also has the hs1101 and mbp2000pu coming soon.

Otherwise what it sounds like you want is a Bluetooth Landline Adapter. though keep in mind the class of the bluetooth of your cellphone aka you might be limited to 10m range unless you attach a more powerful connector to allow for 100m range to your cellphone.

Overall though I would suggest using Asterisk and wifi with a SIP client.
thanks for your help. can you show me whhich bluetooth landline adapter to get? from my understanding is that, i can not turn a smart phone into a headset for another bluetooth device.

thanks
Old 06-14-2012, 07:34 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: mobile PPC
Carrier: Orange

berous is a n00b

I think this is possible since from what i remember a friend of mine mentioned actually doing this with his smartphone although it is best that you ask your service provider about the set up and if there will be some settings that need to be modified with the phone because they will be the best ones to really asses if this is possible with your model.

PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion