PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2012, 10:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

tt C6 is keeping up the good worktt C6 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Please sign this Petition for a new HTC slider !!!!!

http://www.change.org/petitions/htc-...dware-keyboard

Please sign above. Already over 100 today, hopefully will grow until HTC hears us.

Link is from a thread on XDA:
Quote:
Originally Posted by drob311 View Post
Virtuous ROM: Petition to HTC to release new device with hardware keyboard

Time to band together and let htc know that there are a lot of users that want/need a slide out keyboard... Thanks Team Virtuous for starting the petition!

Sent from my PG06100

Last edited by tt C6; 04-02-2012 at 03:48 PM.
Old 03-30-2012, 10:47 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl
Re: Please sign this Petition for a new HTC slider !!!!!

says page doesnt exist

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

Old 03-31-2012, 12:08 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

He copy and pasted directly so link got cut off...

http://www.change.org/petitions/htc-...dware-keyboard

Though I would ask for more then just a keyboard phone.I would also ask for 5 row keyboard! and 720p display instead of qHD+. Also they ask for "modern hardware", but I don't want modern, I want state of the art/top end!!

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 04-01-2012, 04:42 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

WanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuff

+1, gTen.
Also why just HTC? Let's include Samsung too as long as we are going for it.
Old 04-02-2012, 03:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

tt C6 is keeping up the good worktt C6 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingMinstrel View Post
+1, gTen.
Also why just HTC? Let's include Samsung too as long as we are going for it.
I hate Samsung's location for their power button. (right side)
HTC, Apple, Moto, etc puts it where it belongs: top of phone, preferrably right of top.
Touch Wiz sucks.
Samsung has a poor history of updating software.
Old 04-02-2012, 05:34 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

shellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to shellguy Send a message via MSN to shellguy Send a message via Yahoo to shellguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tt C6 View Post
HTC, Apple, Moto, etc puts it where it belongs: top of phone, preferrably right of top.
Touch Wiz sucks.
I don't understand why Google keeps getting in to bed with Samsung when I feel that HTC is far better.

Will
Old 04-03-2012, 11:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: O2
Carrier: Tesco

dominiquelang is a n00b

Signed! I'm #299. Hopefully this reaches phone manufacturers soon. It's great that consumers like me can have a voice in what mobile phones should be made.
Old 04-03-2012, 11:45 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)

i wish you guys luck but personally i think sliders are a thing of the past, or will bee soon.

Old 04-07-2012, 05:23 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tt C6 View Post
I actually like the power button on the side, it makes it mroe natural to turn the phone on and off.

Quote:
Touch Wiz sucks.
TouchWiz right now is the best actually, unlike most other frameworks it actually makes improvements to the phone without lagging the phone out and adds on CPU optimization (Galaxy S runs faster with touchwiz framework then stock). A lot of the ICS features are already built into TouchWiz. Examples being: Hardware accelerated UI, Wifi Direct, USB Host and etc.

I also remember reading that stock ICS was created by Samsung and Google together hence ICS borrowing some of TouchWiz elements.

The rumor of TW bad spread back in the days of TW 1.0, and people keep on repeating it but TW 4.0 is pretty decent, have you actually tried it?

Quote:
This one was spread back in the days when the released forgot the phones name but a very old phone back in the day on T-mobile and they had Android 1.5 and promised to update it to 2.0 but couldn't do it so they updated it to 1.6 and called it a day. A lot of the delays on the US Galaxy S also didn't help. Biggest issue is Carriers opted out of using Samsung's Kies software in fear people will use it to tether and get free software Samsung gives out (which carriers want to charge you for).

As far as updating goes,Samsung was first to update their phones to Gingerbread and first to upgrade their phones to ICS.(outside the USA). And while original Galaxy S is not getting ICS they are getting upgraded to a Gingerbread/ICS hybrid which includes a bunch of ICS features people want like Face unlock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellguy View Post
I don't understand why Google keeps getting in to bed with Samsung when I feel that HTC is far better.

Will

Define better? Samsung always has the better hardware. Not to mention unlike HTC which got hardware blocked Samsung is more reliable. That said the reason is much more simpler.

Google for its Nexus brand rotates manufacturers and cpu suppliers so that everyone gets a chance. In the first one the one who got the chance was HTC and Qualcomm, the second one belongs to Samsung and Samsung(as phone manufacturer and as a processor maker). The 3rd one belonged to Samsung and TI (my guess the reason why Samsung got the contract here is because HTC does not make TI chips, Motorola was having issues with LTE and LG well I was actually expecting LG to make one but maybe LG declined? And I am sure the 720p curved Super AMOLED screens was too hard for google to pass up).

This is why the Exynoss which is superior to the TI OMAP did not show up in the Nexus Prime. Simply because it was TI's turn.

The next one who is making a Google device from the sounds of things is Asus with the 200$ tegra 3 tablet.

Last edited by gTen; 04-07-2012 at 05:31 PM.
Old 04-10-2012, 02:31 PM
VIP MVP
Pocket PC: TP Dos/OG Epic/Touch

masetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuff
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer2012 View Post
i wish you guys luck but personally i think sliders are a thing of the past, or will bee soon.
Hope not cause there is still some of us that want or need them but a more than decent one like the Touch pro 2 has/had.. When you use your phone for work replying back to alot of emails and text and writing up documents on excel or MS WORD or logging into your work pc from your phone and you start typing the screen keyboard takes up alot of screen space doesnt matter if you have a 4 inch phone or a 5 inch phone it still makes your screen space very limited

but when you have a hard keyboard and start typing with it you have all you screen real estate and its alot faster than any screen keyboard including swype.. atleast thats my opinion.

PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion