PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General Android Discussion (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   Please sign this Petition for a new HTC slider !!!!! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=149656)

tt C6 03-30-2012 10:35 PM

Please sign this Petition for a new HTC slider !!!!!

http://www.change.org/petitions/htc-...dware-keyboard

Please sign above. Already over 100 today, hopefully will grow until HTC hears us.

Link is from a thread on XDA:
Quote:

Originally Posted by drob311 (Post 24231718)
Virtuous ROM: Petition to HTC to release new device with hardware keyboard

Time to band together and let htc know that there are a lot of users that want/need a slide out keyboard... Thanks Team Virtuous for starting the petition! :)

Sent from my PG06100

Karl 03-30-2012 10:47 PM

Re: Please sign this Petition for a new HTC slider !!!!!

says page doesnt exist

gTen 03-31-2012 12:08 PM

He copy and pasted directly so link got cut off...

http://www.change.org/petitions/htc-...dware-keyboard

Though I would ask for more then just a keyboard phone.I would also ask for 5 row keyboard! and 720p display instead of qHD+. Also they ask for "modern hardware", but I don't want modern, I want state of the art/top end!!

WanderingMinstrel 04-01-2012 04:42 PM

+1, gTen.
Also why just HTC? Let's include Samsung too as long as we are going for it.

tt C6 04-02-2012 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WanderingMinstrel (Post 2174504)
+1, gTen.
Also why just HTC? Let's include Samsung too as long as we are going for it.

I hate Samsung's location for their power button. (right side)
HTC, Apple, Moto, etc puts it where it belongs: top of phone, preferrably right of top.
Touch Wiz sucks.
Samsung has a poor history of updating software.

shellguy 04-02-2012 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tt C6 (Post 2174576)
HTC, Apple, Moto, etc puts it where it belongs: top of phone, preferrably right of top.
Touch Wiz sucks.

I don't understand why Google keeps getting in to bed with Samsung when I feel that HTC is far better.

Will

dominiquelang 04-03-2012 11:25 PM

Signed! I'm #299. Hopefully this reaches phone manufacturers soon. It's great that consumers like me can have a voice in what mobile phones should be made.

fixxxer2012 04-03-2012 11:45 PM

i wish you guys luck but personally i think sliders are a thing of the past, or will bee soon.

gTen 04-07-2012 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tt C6 (Post 2174576)

I actually like the power button on the side, it makes it mroe natural to turn the phone on and off.

Quote:

Touch Wiz sucks.
TouchWiz right now is the best actually, unlike most other frameworks it actually makes improvements to the phone without lagging the phone out and adds on CPU optimization (Galaxy S runs faster with touchwiz framework then stock). A lot of the ICS features are already built into TouchWiz. Examples being: Hardware accelerated UI, Wifi Direct, USB Host and etc.

I also remember reading that stock ICS was created by Samsung and Google together hence ICS borrowing some of TouchWiz elements.

The rumor of TW bad spread back in the days of TW 1.0, and people keep on repeating it but TW 4.0 is pretty decent, have you actually tried it?

Quote:

This one was spread back in the days when the released forgot the phones name but a very old phone back in the day on T-mobile and they had Android 1.5 and promised to update it to 2.0 but couldn't do it so they updated it to 1.6 and called it a day. A lot of the delays on the US Galaxy S also didn't help. Biggest issue is Carriers opted out of using Samsung's Kies software in fear people will use it to tether and get free software Samsung gives out (which carriers want to charge you for).

As far as updating goes,Samsung was first to update their phones to Gingerbread and first to upgrade their phones to ICS.(outside the USA). And while original Galaxy S is not getting ICS they are getting upgraded to a Gingerbread/ICS hybrid which includes a bunch of ICS features people want like Face unlock.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shellguy (Post 2174590)
I don't understand why Google keeps getting in to bed with Samsung when I feel that HTC is far better.

Will

Define better? Samsung always has the better hardware. Not to mention unlike HTC which got hardware blocked Samsung is more reliable. That said the reason is much more simpler.

Google for its Nexus brand rotates manufacturers and cpu suppliers so that everyone gets a chance. In the first one the one who got the chance was HTC and Qualcomm, the second one belongs to Samsung and Samsung(as phone manufacturer and as a processor maker). The 3rd one belonged to Samsung and TI (my guess the reason why Samsung got the contract here is because HTC does not make TI chips, Motorola was having issues with LTE and LG well I was actually expecting LG to make one but maybe LG declined? And I am sure the 720p curved Super AMOLED screens was too hard for google to pass up).

This is why the Exynoss which is superior to the TI OMAP did not show up in the Nexus Prime. Simply because it was TI's turn.

The next one who is making a Google device from the sounds of things is Asus with the 200$ tegra 3 tablet.

masetas 04-10-2012 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fixxxer2012 (Post 2174678)
i wish you guys luck but personally i think sliders are a thing of the past, or will bee soon.

Hope not cause there is still some of us that want or need them but a more than decent one like the Touch pro 2 has/had.. When you use your phone for work replying back to alot of emails and text and writing up documents on excel or MS WORD or logging into your work pc from your phone and you start typing the screen keyboard takes up alot of screen space doesnt matter if you have a 4 inch phone or a 5 inch phone it still makes your screen space very limited

but when you have a hard keyboard and start typing with it you have all you screen real estate and its alot faster than any screen keyboard including swype.. atleast thats my opinion.