PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General Android Discussion (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   [Q] Android Trojan(s)? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=149560)

clockcycle 03-19-2012 11:26 AM

[Q] Android Trojan(s)?

Ok, I've never seen this or had this issue before. So I am not sure what is causing it.

I installed my usual apps after flashing Mr. X's stock+root-CIQ Tmo T989 rom.

First app I usually download and run before anything is Adfree. Then Astro file manager to restore APKs. But I realized that this method left me with some older versions of the apps and they wouldn't have their market links. Yes, I could run Titanium Backup to fix them..

Anyways, suddenly I get a star icon on my notification bar. I look at it and it sends me to a website claiming I won a tablet and to chose.

This is one of the links, don't visit it, I just posted it for reference;

Code:

http://com-user.mobi/galaxy/usa/go.php?t202kw=usipad31&uid=REMOVED]
So I decided to wipe and flash again and go through the same process to see if perhaps catch who's the culprit..

It happens again this time with a plus icon..

The star icon has happened twice on different occasions, only in the last week, and after installing a recent update to Adfree.

These are the apps I have installed;

Adfree
Astro
3G Watchdog
AT&T Smart Wi-Fi
Barcode Scanner
Beautiful Widgets
Bloat Freezer Free
GasBuddy
Google Voice
Quick Boot
QuickPic
RealCalc
Root Explorer
ScanLive
ShopSavvy
Speed Test
Tapatalk
Ubuntu Regular TTF
Zillow

Has this happen to anyone? Any idea what's causing this or how to catch / prevent it?

I've had one app actually hijack my my stock browser and change the search engine to some smartsearch type site, like it does to normal windows browsers.. lol

Thanks,

-CC

rootlinux 03-19-2012 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clockcycle (Post 2173197)
Ok, I've never seen this or had this issue before. So I am not sure what is causing it.

I installed my usual apps after flashing Mr. X's stock+root-CIQ Tmo T989 rom.

First app I usually download and run before anything is Adfree. Then Astro file manager to restore APKs. But I realized that this method left me with some older versions of the apps and they wouldn't have their market links. Yes, I could run Titanium Backup to fix them..

Anyways, suddenly I get a star icon on my notification bar. I look at it and it sends me to a website claiming I won a tablet and to chose.

This is one of the links, don't visit it, I just posted it for reference;

Code:

http://com-user.mobi/galaxy/usa/go.php?t202kw=usipad31&uid=REMOVED]
So I decided to wipe and flash again and go through the same process to see if perhaps catch who's the culprit..

It happens again this time with a plus icon..

The star icon has happened twice on different occasions, only in the last week, and after installing a recent update to Adfree.

These are the apps I have installed;

Adfree
Astro
3G Watchdog
AT&T Smart Wi-Fi
Barcode Scanner
Beautiful Widgets
Bloat Freezer Free
GasBuddy
Google Voice
Quick Boot
QuickPic
RealCalc
Root Explorer
ScanLive
ShopSavvy
Speed Test
Tapatalk
Ubuntu Regular TTF
Zillow

Has this happen to anyone? Any idea what's causing this or how to catch / prevent it?

I've had one app actually hijack my my stock browser and change the search engine to some smartsearch type site, like it does to normal windows browsers.. lol

Thanks,

-CC

My daughter installed some live horse wallpapers on her phone and it gave her the same star icon.
Ad for a singles website.
I removed the app and the star went away with the ads.
Remove apps one by one until it goes away. Also you can check app permissions one by one and narrow it down.
That's what I did.

App was on the market too.

demonlordoftheround 03-19-2012 11:57 AM

Re: [Q] Android Trojan(s)?

Get Air Push Detector from Google Play. One of your apps is pushing spam to your notification bar. Then remove said app after reviewing the app in Google Play and warn others. Ususally these apps dissappear after thay have been called out.

Karl 03-19-2012 12:04 PM

addons detector is another choice

demonlordoftheround 03-19-2012 04:04 PM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.6; en-us; SPH-D710 Build/GINGERBREAD) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

I actually use and recommend both.

eric12341 03-20-2012 07:09 AM

Remove the app beautiful widgets as that may be the cause of this issue. Might be other apps too but this is where to start.

rootlinux 03-20-2012 07:19 AM

I use beautiful widgets on my MIUI and it has no ad.

rubylane 03-21-2012 12:30 AM

That does sound annoying. I haven't experienced anything like this. Then again, I just got my phone. I hope it doesn't happen to me. I'll download those detector apps, too.

lennondevid 02-16-2013 02:15 AM

As per the your problem concern i would like to say that you have to installed AVG antivirus that keep your smartphone virus free. I have also installed AVG antivirus on my smartphone which provide the great protection against the viruses.No need to download other app on your Android smartphone.