PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General Android Discussion (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   Samsung galaxy s2 sim card type (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=149223)

kathiny 02-20-2012 04:38 AM

Samsung galaxy s2 sim card type

I was thinking of getting a samsung galaxy s2 but was wondering what type of sim card it uses? I've had the same sim card for years and I really would like to keep it if I can because it has a good tarrif? Is that what it's called when you get so many text, phonecalls and wap for a set price each month ? Sorry I'm soo clueless with this type of stuff. Thanks for any help given

shellguy 04-02-2012 05:42 PM

Re: Samsung galaxy s2 sim card type

Quote:

Originally Posted by kathiny (Post 2169726)
I was thinking of getting a samsung galaxy s2 but was wondering what type of sim card it uses? I've had the same sim card for years and I really would like to keep it if I can because it has a good tarrif? Is that what it's called when you get so many text, phonecalls and wap for a set price each month ? Sorry I'm soo clueless with this type of stuff. Thanks for any help given

Who is your provider? As far as I am aware, the VZW version doesn't have SIM card.

Will

dominiquelang 04-03-2012 11:21 PM

Maybe you should ask your service provider. I'm pretty sure they would be more than willing to accommodate your request for a new sim card, if need be. Most mobile phones work with most sim cards though.

fixxxer2012 04-03-2012 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shellguy (Post 2174592)
Who is your provider? As far as I am aware, the VZW version doesn't have SIM card.

Will

verizon doesn't have a galaxy s 2.

berous 06-14-2012 07:40 AM

I am pretty sure it usues the common sim card type but i guess if you will have to change the shape of your simcard your sevice provider can provide the right shape for you while you can still retain your old number, that's what i did with my old sim which had to be replaced with a micro one. i am sure they will have the proper utilities for that.

Nick johnson 08-20-2012 02:15 AM

Use the sim card with the standard shape which is the usual one.... That will easily work in S II. Ask youe service provider to replace your old sim with a new with without changing the number. They will replace it as they also don't want to loose their customers.

Daniel Jones 01-15-2013 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kathiny (Post 2169726)

Hey kathiny
The unlocked version of Samsung Galaxy S II supports mini-sim card. If you are on a contract with some network then contact your network provider, they will better let you know the exact process for porting you number and the terrif plans you may carry with S II.

rousellwall 04-03-2013 02:19 AM

I think Samsung Galaxy S II has Mini SIM Card. You need to contact to the your SIM Card provider. They will change your SIM Card in compatible smartphone.

Zoya Bennet 07-16-2013 01:05 AM

You can use standard sim card type to be used in Samsung galaxy s2 as it supports well. Depending upon the age of the Sim card you can enjoy the mobile data services.