PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Did this help you out?
Yes 5 83.33%
No 1 16.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2012, 07:40 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Android Terms,Slang & Definitions

I've got a couple...

Battery Hog - That's when you only get a couple of hours of use regardless of what the manufacturer states the battery stats are.

Eternal wait - That's when you are waiting to upgrade form one version of Android to the next.

Lack of handoff - That's when you come into your house from being on the road and the phone gets too confused to successfully hand off the signal from 3G to wifi.

Battery removal - That's what you do when you have a lack of handoff situation.

Twice a day - That's at least how often you can expect to preform the battery removal technique on any given day.

Android fatigue - What I am currently experiencing.

p.
Old 03-04-2012, 12:12 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTECHKA View Post
I've got a couple...

Battery Hog - That's when you only get a couple of hours of use regardless of what the manufacturer states the battery stats are.

Eternal wait - That's when you are waiting to upgrade form one version of Android to the next.

Lack of handoff - That's when you come into your house from being on the road and the phone gets too confused to successfully hand off the signal from 3G to wifi.

Battery removal - That's what you do when you have a lack of handoff situation.

Twice a day - That's at least how often you can expect to preform the battery removal technique on any given day.

Android fatigue - What I am currently experiencing.

p.
wow. besides battery hog, im not having any issues like that.

Old 03-05-2012, 01:43 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level

Refurb Nexus S 4G in the mail. I'll get it Wednesday cuz I have school tomorrow. I'm hoping that fixes matters. New battery also promised to me by my local Sprint store.
I'm still getting quite tired of the whole Android experience (Android Fatigue)... Maybe ICS will help with that. But we are back to Eternal Wait. Jelly Bean already announced. +90% of Android devices still don't have ICS.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:19 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Refurb Nexus S 4G in the mail. I'll get it Wednesday cuz I have school tomorrow. I'm hoping that fixes matters. New battery also promised to me by my local Sprint store.
I'm still getting quite tired of the whole Android experience (Android Fatigue)... Maybe ICS will help with that. But we are back to Eternal Wait. Jelly Bean already announced. +90% of Android devices still don't have ICS.
What device did you have prior?

Android works a little different then other OS you are used to because its open source. When the Nexus Prime came out the Os on their is a beta release. This is so developers can make their apps work properly and test it before the public release.

It takes a few months for the OS to reach GA. Usually 4-5 months, that is when manufacturers start loading their devices with it. The first being the one who developed the Nexus device since they have a head start.

So its 100% normal for devices not to have ICS yet. You will see early devices upgrade in the end of march and though out until May. All those that upgrade past May are the ones that are "late".

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 03-05-2012, 08:24 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha

EVO x 3. I'm surprised you've forgotten our conversations. LOL.

My beef with this device not being updated to ICS is the fact that this is a NEXUS device. A true Google phone.

Hell... My friend works for Huawei and THEY have an ICS device already.

The Nexus devices should receive the update first. That's why people buy nexus devices.
But anyway, thanks for the intro to android bro.
p.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:37 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
EVO x 3. I'm surprised you've forgotten our conversations. LOL.
I instantly forget all HTC phones ..jk lol...yeah I know you had Evo's I mean prior to the Nexus. did they swap your evo to a nexus or you got a nexus and they swapped you to a new refurb?

Quote:
My beef with this device not being updated to ICS is the fact that this is a NEXUS device. A true Google phone.

Hell... My friend works for Huawei and THEY have an ICS device already.

The Nexus devices should receive the update first. That's why people buy nexus devices.
But anyway, thanks for the intro to android bro.
p.
idk whats with the Nexus s 4g in particular. From what I have been hearing it has always had issues none stop. So my guess that is why there is so much delay.

And yes, 4.0.3 was the first RC and 4.0.5 is GA. Samsung plans to upgrade GS2 in march 15th to ICS in some countries.

Question is, is your friend at Huawei using a final complete product or a prototype/beta?

Last edited by gTen; 03-05-2012 at 08:49 PM.
Old 03-06-2012, 07:09 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha

EVO was end of lifed... They offered me the Epic 4G but I didn't want to feel like I just time traveled from the past holding that brick in my hand. LOL.

I went with the Nexus because it was a NEXUS. But I guess that's not going to change when I get ICS.

I really am getting Android Fatigue big time though. Not sure what my options truly are... But I am going to be looking closely at the other two OSs come September when my upgrade is due.

By then I hope to have a better feel for what is coming down the line.

My friend is an Director for Technical acceptance for Huawei which basically oversees the sales reps and Cricket is one of the accounts he looks over. He's played with the Ascend and the Honor both running ICS... But I am sure it's not fully baked.

But neither device is a NEXUS.
Old 03-06-2012, 07:36 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
EVO was end of lifed... They offered me the Epic 4G but I didn't want to feel like I just time traveled from the past holding that brick in my hand. LOL.
Its extremely light so no way is it a brick..lol...people just dont realize how convenient it is to surf the internet with a keyboard phone..:/

Quote:
I went with the Nexus because it was a NEXUS. But I guess that's not going to change when I get ICS.
As I said..don't put too much faith in CDMA...because there will always be roadblocks just by being CDMA. Can't you just load up a custom ICS or CM9?

Quote:
I really am getting Android Fatigue big time though. Not sure what my options truly are... But I am going to be looking closely at the other two OSs come September when my upgrade is due.

By then I hope to have a better feel for what is coming down the line.
Your going to venture the road of iOS? O.o...is it that bad? lol..what exactly are you expecting out of ICS anyways?

Quote:
My friend is an Director for Technical acceptance for Huawei which basically oversees the sales reps and Cricket is one of the accounts he looks over. He's played with the Ascend and the Honor both running ICS... But I am sure it's not fully baked.

But neither device is a NEXUS.
Nothing is preventing them from starting the ground work on ICS early on..its just a matter of releasing it only after its GA'd.
Old 03-07-2012, 01:56 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: O2
Carrier: Tesco

dominiquelang is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

What a great intro for Android newbies. "Dual core" entry is spelled "duel core" though. Thanks for this awesome resource.
Old 03-07-2012, 02:41 AM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominiquelang View Post
What a great intro for Android newbies. "Dual core" entry is spelled "duel core" though. Thanks for this awesome resource.
"Dual Core"is the correct spelling "Duel Core" is a joke way of saying "Dual Core"..because "Duel Core" would mean the core is fighting something.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion