PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General Android Discussion (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   [ROM] - gROM 2.2 - 10/16 - GB - With Flash - Yes, FLASH! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=147028)

scrosler 09-15-2011 04:37 AM

[ROM] - gROM 2.2 - 10/16 - GB - With Flash - Yes, FLASH!

About gROM
  • gROM was designed to be a cleaned up Sprint Stock ROM based on the latest Gingerbead 2.3.3 release. It has been tweaked and tested. All apps in the ROM are up to date!
  • I removed all of the Sprint bloatware and made some minor changes under the hood and tweaked it to perfection. Its complimented with a small but useful assortment of applications.
  • Read post #2 for important info BEFORE you attempt to flash this ROM!

Features
  • ROM Updater
  • Full Adobe Flash
  • Overclocked to 748MHZ with Drew's V6.2 Kernel - See post #2 for more info!
  • Ad Blocking - ES File Explorer
  • No Frills CPU Control - SenseClock - Quick Reboot - WiFi Tether -DSP manager -Evo 3D Ringtones / Alarms / Alerts
  • Dalvik Cache tweak for +50MB's of internal storage - All Google Apps up tp date as of 10/5 - Removed Sprint bloatware!ved Sprint bloatware!

About ROM Updater
  • ROM Updater is an application that allows you to download Themes, Ringtones, Fonts and more from inside the application! ROM Updater will also allow, of course, updated ROM's to be download. All of this done from inside the OS then automatically flashed in recovery for you! ROM Updater is temperamental and may occasionally force close from time to time when viewing screenshots. A complete rewrite is in process but I am more than sure you will be happy with this addition!
  • ROM Updater needs to be configured for first use! For ROM Updater configuration instructions read more HERE!
  • For a list of all mods in the ROM updater see HERE

Changes in 2.2 - 10/16/11
  • Added: Full Adobe Flash 10.2.1
  • Added: More performance and memory tweaks
  • Updated: Market 3.2.0
  • Updated: No Frills CPU Control 1.15
  • Updated: Host file

scrosler 09-15-2011 04:37 AM

Re: [ROM] gROM 1.0 - 9/14/11 - g Stands for Gingerbread!

Prerequisites
About Overclocking
  • Unfortunately not all devices are created equal! Some devices can be overclocked further than others.
  • The ROM is set to 748MHZ. I feel that is a good blend of stability, speed and battery performance.
  • You may choose to increase or decrease the speed with the included application. If you go past 748MHZ you do so at your own risk!
  • My device can be clocked all the way to 806MHZ and preforms perfectly. Yours may not! You have been warned :-X

How to Flash
  • Download ROM and place on the root of your SD Card
  • Boot into recovery mode
  • Wipe Data / Factory Reset
  • Flash ROM
  • Boot into OS

Change Log
  • Complete gROM Change Log is HERE

Known Issues
  • After adding the Power Control Widget to workspace / desktop you will need to reboot one time.

scrosler 09-15-2011 05:08 AM

Download links are up! Enjoy!

scrosler 09-16-2011 02:18 AM

Version 1.1 is out!

Changes in 1.1
Added: WiFi Tether 2.0.7, DSP Manager, Evo 3D Ringtones / Alarms / Alerts
Removed: Boot Animation Sound, More Spyware
Updated: Market 3.1.3, Super User 3.0-B4, Boot Animation to LG Official Boot Animation
Tweaked: Dalvik Cache for +50MB Gain in Internal Storage

See post #2 for important info before flashing!

darren.wlsn1 09-16-2011 02:22 AM

Re: [ROM] gROM 1.1 - 9/16/11 - GB 2.3.3 - Stuff just got real!

looks good bro.

scrosler 09-16-2011 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 (Post 2145301)
looks good bro.

Thank you sir!

kenn 09-17-2011 10:21 AM

Wow. I missed 1.0, lol. I may have to put this on both of my Optimi. As far as performance is concerned, how does this compare overall to Clean 2.1? That is working quite well speed-wise and the users are both very happy...

scrosler 09-17-2011 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kenn (Post 2145581)
Wow. I missed 1.0, lol. I may have to put this on both of my Optimi. As far as performance is concerned, how does this compare overall to Clean 2.1? That is working quite well speed-wise and the users are both very happy...

Well, speed wise its not going to be as fast as CleanROM because its not overclocked. But the OS itself is snappier. Im sure soon we will have OC kernels that I approve of. Right now there is only one out and I have not gave it my stamp of approval.

-Scott

kenn 09-17-2011 10:46 PM

Thanks, Scott. I'll stand by until there is a kernel that keeps the "Clean" experience going.

accrajoe 09-19-2011 06:29 PM

Hey Scott.
Good to see you're still on top of things. With your work, you pretty much own this Optimus subforum.

Anyway, I assume this could be considered a continuation of CleanROM. I also assume that you're waiting for a good OC kernel before dropping the next iteration of sROM? (I'm still running that, but I'll be trying this one out later.)

Sent from my LS670

EDIT: I saw that you posted your plan on AC. Good idea with the conversion pack. It makes sense rather than maintaining two separate ROMs.