PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What do you think about Google Plus?
I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!! 6 66.67%
Who needs it? 3 33.33%
Google What? 0 0%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2011, 09:21 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio™
Carrier: Verizon

y0himba is keeping up the good worky0himba is keeping up the good worky0himba is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to y0himba Send a message via AIM to y0himba Send a message via MSN to y0himba Send a message via Yahoo to y0himba Send a message via Skype™ to y0himba
Re: Google Plus

I have almost stopped using Facebook and Twitter. I was a first adopter, of Google+ and absolutely enjoy it.
Old 07-19-2011, 02:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: The Great EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint = #1
Threadstarter

KDmospd is keeping up the good workKDmospd is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
gmail actually reads your emails to target ads....its not human read..but still...

As for yahoo..they are the biggest mail client..whats wrong that?
I like the new yahoo layout but I just wouldn't use it for my mail. I've seen so many accounts hacked on yahoo and hotmail. And I’ve received the most hijacked mail from yahoo and hotmail. Of course anything can be hacked but gmail has been pretty good so far.

Yes they may scan the emails to target ads (pain in the butt, I agree). Same as Facebook, and I'm sure every other email client. I won’t put my SS# in an email. I never put anything too personal in emails anyway. I say if google start sharing my pictures or other personal information through the search engines then that's when I’ll stop using it and will not place any more personal info on there, pics etc… That's exactly what I did with Facebook, I know they have a database that retains info but I deleted my pictures and won’t use their system again. I just don't like for every other joe nobody on the net to see my pictures/ conversations.

The biggest thing I hate about Facebook the most is that you can’t hide you profile picture. After that it would probably be that if someone sends you an invite they can see your posts even when you haven’t accepted them yet. Now that I think about it I think G+ may have the same Profile picture sharing issue… I must check that out… Bottom line, privacy should be default, public sharing, optional… for any online content.

Sorry for the rant…
Old 07-19-2011, 04:34 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDmospd View Post
I like the new yahoo layout but I just wouldn't use it for my mail. I've seen so many accounts hacked on yahoo and hotmail. And I’ve received the most hijacked mail from yahoo and hotmail. Of course anything can be hacked but gmail has been pretty good so far.

Yes they may scan the emails to target ads (pain in the butt, I agree). Same as Facebook, and I'm sure every other email client. I won’t put my SS# in an email. I never put anything too personal in emails anyway. I say if google start sharing my pictures or other personal information through the search engines then that's when I’ll stop using it and will not place any more personal info on there, pics etc… That's exactly what I did with Facebook, I know they have a database that retains info but I deleted my pictures and won’t use their system again. I just don't like for every other joe nobody on the net to see my pictures/ conversations.

The biggest thing I hate about Facebook the most is that you can’t hide you profile picture. After that it would probably be that if someone sends you an invite they can see your posts even when you haven’t accepted them yet. Now that I think about it I think G+ may have the same Profile picture sharing issue… I must check that out… Bottom line, privacy should be default, public sharing, optional… for any online content.

Sorry for the rant…

Personally I have been using Yahoo for emails for over 10 years..never got hacked once :/..I am not saying that Gmail is bad..I just never had a problem with Yahoo..and I get emails with passwords for business related stuff sometimes in my personal email..and don't really feel comfortable with that being parsed for any reason...

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 07-19-2011, 06:53 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

While I enjoy G+, I'm just waiting for Google to ruin it by trying to integrate to many options and feature into....by trying to integrate it into my searches, etc. While I think taking an integrated approach can work and even produce positive results, I worry that Google will just take it too far.

late,
Coz
Old 07-19-2011, 08:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: DX2
Carrier: Verizon

three west is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to three west

Quote:
Originally Posted by CozBoogie View Post
While I enjoy G+, I'm just waiting for Google to ruin it by trying to integrate to many options and feature into....by trying to integrate it into my searches, etc. While I think taking an integrated approach can work and even produce positive results, I worry that Google will just take it too far.

late,
Coz
yeah, I see they're forcing integration with picasa web to even sign up
Old 07-20-2011, 11:16 AM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Yeah, I kinda get the feeling that Google may be following in the footsteps of Apple....encouraging and requiring that you must use multiple Google products to get the full benefits of just one.

late,
Coz
Old 07-20-2011, 03:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: The Great EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint = #1
Threadstarter

KDmospd is keeping up the good workKDmospd is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by CozBoogie View Post
Yeah, I kinda get the feeling that Google may be following in the footsteps of Apple....encouraging and requiring that you must use multiple Google products to get the full benefits of just one.

late,
Coz
True... like how they did youtube
Old 07-26-2011, 02:30 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: alcatel
Carrier: airtel

rajraju131 is a n00b

Love the idea of circles but Don't like my work stuff with my social stuff and want to have my tech stuff separate from that.

PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion

Tags
google, google +, google plus