PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2011, 03:48 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[ROM] - CleanROM 2.1 - Updated 7/26/11 - Overclocked, Ad Blocked, WiFi Hotspot!

CleanROM 2.1 - 7/26/2011

Many new enhancements! See Post #2 for flashing instructions, prerequisites and change log!

CleanROM was designed to be a cleaned up Sprint Stock ROM. I removed all of the Sprint bloatware and made some minor changes under the hood. I am using the picasticks-07 kernel for overclocking. The ROM defaults to a safe 748MHZ but can be pushed as far as 846MHZ. You can change the clock speed to your liking with a program like SetCPU. You can also use this or similiar programs to return to the stock speed of 600MHZ and still benefit from the improved kernel. I have also added an updated HOSTS file for ad blocking purposes. Other than that its a pretty pure Android ROM. The only added apps are Hotspot Widget and Quick Boot (Reboot). Enjoy!

Feature List
Working Hotspot Functionality with Hostspot Widget
Latest version of all apps Inluding Android Market and Google Music
Circle Battery Mod
Reboot App
159 Megs of free Internal Storage for apps
Ad Blocking via HOST file
Removed All Sprint Bloatware
Picasticks Overclocking Kernel safely clocked at 748
Swype
Visual VoiceMail

DOWNLOAD
MD5: 90F14D68CD3BF3DBB3609D0EED205C40

Please feel free to visit my site at http://scottcrosler.info

Donations gladly accepted but never expected!

Donations always accepted but never expected!

Last edited by scrosler; 07-26-2011 at 03:54 PM.
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 06-09-2011, 03:49 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Themes

Prerequisites
You must be at the VD Baseband (The Latest Sprint Update)
Your phone must be rooted
You must have the Xionia custom recovery
I have a thread to help with all of this here:
[How to] Root, Install Custom Recovery, and Flash Custom ROM for the Optimus S

How to Flash
Download ROM and place on the root of your SD Card
Boot into recovery mode
Wipe Data / Factory Reset
Flash ROM
Reboot and enjoy!

Change Log
Version 2.1 - 7/26/2011
Added native Hotspot capablities via the Hotspot Widget. You now have infrastructure mode!
Removed WiFi Tether due to the addition of Hotspot Widget
Added Quick Boot (reboot). Great app to reboot the phone!
Updated to Google Music 3.0.1.33.
Updated Voice Search 2.1.4
ROM now longer wipes data before flasing. Remember to do it manually!
Updated HOST file

Version 2.0 - 7/23/2011
Dalvik Cache moved to cache. Internal storage for apps is 161 Megabytes
Added circle battery mod to display battery percentage in the notification bar
Updated the Market application to 3.0.27
Updated Google Maps to 5.7.0
Gingergread Launcher from Android 2.3 that I themed to match Froyo
The ROM now wipes all data before installing. No need to wipe data before flashing
Latest host file for ad blocking
Themes have been removed due to Internet drama

Version 1.2 - 6/20/2011
Changed kernel version to 2.6.32.9-pickasticks-07 for overlcoking
Add updated hosts for ad-blocking

Version 1.1 - 6/18/2011
Added Wireless Tether for Root Users 2.0.7
Updated Superuser to 2.3.6.3
Updated Google Maps to 5.6.0
Updated Gmail to 2.3.4.1

Version 1.0 - 6/09/2011
Initial Release

Last edited by scrosler; 07-26-2011 at 09:03 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-19-2011, 11:15 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Re: [ROM] - CleanROM 1.1 - Updated: 6/18/11

Looks great Scott. Congrats on your new release. Wish I had an Optimus to check it out
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-20-2011, 12:21 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: LG Optimus S

KingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuffKingArthur knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Hey Scott, My optimus is my first Android phone and it is NOT rooted. I have been thinking of rooting your release for the simplicity and for the wireless tether but was concerned about problems with rooting.
*Can the phone still OTA or download new updates from sprint such as If Gingerbread rolls out for Optimus S...will there be any problems getting the update.

Would sprint know or ever figure out if I'm rooted with wifi-tether?

Please forgive me if my questions are out of place here on your thread.
Old 06-20-2011, 12:52 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingArthur View Post
Hey Scott, My optimus is my first Android phone and it is NOT rooted. I have been thinking of rooting your release for the simplicity and for the wireless tether but was concerned about problems with rooting.
*Can the phone still OTA or download new updates from sprint such as If Gingerbread rolls out for Optimus S...will there be any problems getting the update.

Would sprint know or ever figure out if I'm rooted with wifi-tether?

Please forgive me if my questions are out of place here on your thread.
This is my first android phone too! But no, your questions are plenty valid. I am sure others are wondering the same thing.

As far as OTA we would have to see. It would probably work but... its also pretty easy to revert back to stock ROM configuration so we would have to cross that bridge when we come to it. Im not worried about it all because I know its easy to go back to full stock.

AS far as Sprint figuring out your rooted... Highly unlikely unless you need to take it in for service. Which in that case... See above ;c)

As far as wireless tether... I think we are good there too. I know LOTS of people on this forum that use wireless tether on Android devices (WM too!) and Sprint has never said a peep!

Feel free to ask away.

-Scott

Last edited by scrosler; 06-20-2011 at 01:12 AM.
Old 06-20-2011, 02:22 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: [ROM] - CleanROM 1.2 - Updated: 6/20/11 - Overclocked, Ad Blocked and Themes

loved your wm roms so wanted to check your android stuff and looks sweet as always. with my epic and evo since rooting i never got ota's but like scott said its a simple fix and as for wifi and wired tether i have never had sprint ask anything and im at 64+gigs now. lol
keep up the great work scott and if you need a epic to cook on pm me. lol
Old 06-20-2011, 02:34 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Re: [ROM] - CleanROM 1.2 - Updated: 6/20/11 - Overclocked, Ad Blocked and Themes

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
loved your wm roms so wanted to check your android stuff and looks sweet as always. with my epic and evo since rooting i never got ota's but like scott said its a simple fix and as for wifi and wired tether i have never had sprint ask anything and im at 64+gigs now. lol
keep up the great work scott and if you need a epic to cook on pm me. lol
Thanks for the info on the OTA's but yeah, so simple to go back to stock.
Old 06-20-2011, 02:43 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler View Post
Thanks for the info on the OTA's but yeah, so simple to go back to stock.
and so worth it to be on custom. now i gota buy a optimus i guess.
Old 06-20-2011, 03:11 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
and so worth it to be on custom. now i gota buy a optimus i guess.
Haha... Its a fun little phone. My first Android. So tired of WinMO. Glad to be gone!
Old 06-21-2011, 10:25 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Re: [ROM] - CleanROM 1.2 - 6/20/11 - Overclocked, Ad Blocked, WiFi Tether and Themes

Hello,

Created another thread here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/lg-optimus...ssistance.html for q/a related around flashing and rooting the optimus. Continue discussing Cleanrom in this thread! Looks great.

PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion