PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2011, 07:23 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] - CleanROM 1.2 - 6/20/11 - Overclocked, Ad Blocked, WiFi Tether and Themes

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenn View Post
I guess I used ADB because it's a tool I need to become familiar with. I used the one-click root but then didn't find a way to install Xionia without using ADB. I hadn't used it before so I downloaded the tools and read up a bit and then installed the recovery. After doing that, a simple install was cake. I've always enjoyed a moment or two of command line interface as I have a better idea of what I'm doing.

Edit - SetCPU 787/245. A little bit quicker and no wakeup issues so far. Leaving it on "On Demand" and it snaps right to attention. 128 doesn't appear to be supported as it "grays out" if I select it.
Yeah, I actually like using the command line as well. I am still learning as well. I think if the kernel is locked at that level then thats how the kernel dev wanted it. IM sure we could try to tweak the kernel to drop that low but that would be beyond my scope... At this time ;c)

Donations always accepted but never expected!
Old 06-23-2011, 11:35 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Re: [ROM] - CleanROM 1.2 - 6/20/11 - Overclocked, Ad Blocked, WiFi Tether and Themes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jocelyn84 View Post
Thanks again for this rom! I was able to flash via drellisdee's custom recovery without any problems. Also, I downloaded the rom to several devices and kept getting 8b60fbfeae7bd3fbf21f00169cfcd0af for the MD5. Just wondering if the MD5 you posted may be incorrect...
Thanks again

Sent from my HTC Eva 4G using Tapatalk
Ooook.... I did post the wrong MD5. When I got home I testedagains the Windows App I am using and you are correct. So I must have dropped a beta copy in the tester and got that result. Thanks!
Old 06-24-2011, 05:14 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Edit - SetCPU 787/245. A little bit quicker and no wakeup issues so far. Leaving it on "On Demand" and it snaps right to attention. 128 doesn't appear to be supported as it "grays out" if I select it.
Its not really grayed out... Its just the way the program looks. I just tried it and I got it down to 122MHZ. Check out my screenshot.... IM gonna run it like this for a day and see how it is...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg screenshot.jpg (8.4 KB, 17 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-24-2011, 02:03 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Just got my Evo 3D!!! Woot!
Old 06-24-2011, 05:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO, Optimus S

kenn is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler View Post
Just got my Evo 3D!!! Woot!
Congrats! Are you going to continue to use your Optimus as a guinea pig or will you be moving on to romming your 3D (as soon as an exploit is found, of course)
Old 06-24-2011, 05:49 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Congrats! Are you going to continue to use your Optimus as a guinea pig or will you be moving on to romming your 3D (as soon as an exploit is found, of course)
Not sure yet. I am sure I will play around with both. I cant wait for this to be rooted though!
Old 07-02-2011, 11:54 PM
Lurker

kenn is a n00b

Just checking in, Scott... 2 weeks with two phones on this ROM. One phone is running setcpu at 800/128 and the other with the standard as set up by your ROM.

In a nutshell: better performance and I've yet to see or hear of a single force close, strange reboot, or anything else for that matter.

Hopefully that Dalvik mod is on your plate... at least until you get root on your 3D.
Old 07-03-2011, 12:12 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Just checking in, Scott... 2 weeks with two phones on this ROM. One phone is running setcpu at 800/128 and the other with the standard as set up by your ROM.

In a nutshell: better performance and I've yet to see or hear of a single force close, strange reboot, or anything else for that matter.

Hopefully that Dalvik mod is on your plate... at least until you get root on your 3D.
Thanks Kenn! Glad to see its still runing smooth for you. I'll try to look at Dalvik this weekend but with the Evo 3D in hand... Its just hard to go back ;c)

Oh and how is battery at 800/128 vs pre set speeds? Just curious.
Old 07-05-2011, 02:09 AM
Lurker

kenn is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler View Post
Thanks Kenn! Glad to see its still runing smooth for you. I'll try to look at Dalvik this weekend but with the Evo 3D in hand... Its just hard to go back ;c)

Oh and how is battery at 800/128 vs pre set speeds? Just curious.
I don't really see a lot of difference in battery performance, really. It's hard to tell if it is any quicker than the your stock 748mhz setup.

Evo 3D... Root is close. Real Close. As soon as root is available, stable, and there are ROMs to try, I'll probably upgrade.

I may wait on the "HTC Kingdom", though, which might just be the Evo 3D sans the 3D part and instead have an 8MP camera and 4" screen. That would rock my socks. We'll see...

Last edited by kenn; 07-10-2011 at 12:25 PM.
Old 07-23-2011, 06:10 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

I have made some updates to the ROM. New version is 2.0.

* New features in this version
* Dalvik Cache moved to cache. This increases the internal storage for apps to 161 Megabytes!
* Added circle battery mod to display battery percentage in the notification bar
* Updated the Market application to 3.0.27
* Updated Google Maps to 5.7.0
* Added the Gingergread Launcher from Android 2.3. It has been themed to maintain the Froyo theme of the ROM
* The ROM now wipes all data before installing. No need to wipe data before flashing the ROM.
* Latest host file for ad blocking

-Scott

Last edited by scrosler; 07-23-2011 at 06:59 AM.

PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion