PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General Android Discussion (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   Cell Phone~Cable~or~Internet - Which would you give up? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=144137)

KDmospd 06-01-2011 09:51 AM

Cell Phone~Cable~or~Internet - Which would you give up?

If you had to give up one of the following which would you give up - cell phone, cable, or internet?

Deafcyclist 06-01-2011 10:27 AM

Cable. I can watch most of my favorite shows on hulu and my cell phone is absolutely essential since I'm deaf and cannot depend on the typical phones around the places.

gTen 06-01-2011 11:04 AM

Re: Cell Phone~Cable~or~Internet - Which would you give up?

Definitely cable...even without cable you still have your basic channels...and you can watch a lot of stuff on the internet nowadays...

I mean I watch cable like once a month anyways at max...

KDmospd 06-01-2011 11:15 AM

I agree, for me it would be cable. Once Live TV hit the internet, bye bye to cable... Cable television will phase out like CD’s/DVD's.

gTen 06-01-2011 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KDmospd (Post 2109462)
I agree, for me it would be cable. Once Live TV hit the internet, bye bye to cable... Cable television will phase out like CD’s/DVD's.

Well cd/dvds are not exactly phased out...they are still quite often used and probably will for a long time..mostly since they are extremely cheap...but sd cards are starting to replace them...

As for cable..all companies will have to move to IPTV by end of 2012...once that happens you will effectively have TV streamed over internet..same way most companies now offer VOIP for phone service...

gullzway 06-01-2011 07:32 PM

Cable for me as well.

I haven't had it for over 8 years, and i watch all the shows I want too, mostly online or O.T.A!

jpwhre 06-05-2011 08:21 PM

Cable. Netflix and hulu thru net. could even drop net since I can wifi from phone.

smileyface22 06-05-2011 08:36 PM

Wirelessly posted (TP2: Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; Opera Mini/5.1.21594/24.871; U; en) Presto/2.5.25 Version/10.54)

Great topic! I don't have cable as it is so it'd be easy for me to drop. :p Netflix is where its at now. :)

KDmospd 06-06-2011 01:38 PM

Funny that I posted this a few days ago... the only reason I have cable is because there are some live shoes I like to watch. I'm watching the E3 coverage and what do you know, they announced live TV coming to Xbox... WOW... I wonder what kind of charges, if any, would come along with it.

scrosler 06-06-2011 05:27 PM

I would drop Cable.