PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2011, 02:05 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

ndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIPndno is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Free 5GB Cloud Drive on Amazon - stream music to your Android Device

Nice find here:

https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/learnmore

Amazon is offering 5GB free cloud storage which you can manage your music and much more. Install the latest Amazon MP3 app to stream music from your cloud account: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.amazon.mp3

http://popwatch.ew.com/2011/03/29/am...player-launch/

Last edited by ndno; 03-29-2011 at 01:08 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-29-2011, 01:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint evo
Carrier: sprint

odell leon is just getting started
Re: Free 5GB Cloud Drive on Amazon - stream music to your Android Device

I installed my music to this "cloud". I have been streaming music from my computer with Audiogalaxy. This works perfect but I don't like keeping computer on to listen to the music. I go for walks every day and listen to the music using my HTC EVO on 3g. When I installed the Amazon player I kept getting "network error" ,lost connection. I have a Airvana in the home don't know if it affected the player. went for a walk had a hard time getting player to start (again getting "network Error") it started after 4 tries, played the song (player was set on shuffle) it took almost 30 seconds for a new song to start. Download wheel was spinning. After about 3 songs player started to skip, going off and on. Finally got so bad I switched to Audiogalaxy and it worked perfectly. Both players were in the same area so both were getting the same 3g signal. I have tried 2 different Amazon installs and both players do the same.
Old 03-29-2011, 02:14 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I thanked you for this OP... I like the idea and feel that this is the future of music and several cloud based systems are popping up all over. I just installed the soundcloud app a few weeks ago and I like it.
However... 5 gb is not much room and they want to charge for 20 gb. I have a 16 gb card in my phone and am looking for a 32. It's just cleaner that way. Also my reception in my office is horrible.
I'm still going to give it a shot and upload my 5 gb. Hmmm... Maybe 5 gb hiphop here 5gb Spanish Rock there... I do have 2 Amazon accounts.
p.
Old 03-29-2011, 04:07 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

moved to general android forum
Old 03-29-2011, 08:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO LTE / Stock ICS 4.0.3
Carrier: The Now Network

fceeviper is keeping up the good workfceeviper is keeping up the good workfceeviper is keeping up the good work

I'm getting that same Network Error over 3G when I try to play songs on the Cloud player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJr106 View Post
"Hey did anyone hear about release of the Windows Mobile 6.5 update
for the Touch Pro 2 coming out tomorrow??!!
I just read at the top of this thread and wanted to share it with everyone"
Old 03-29-2011, 09:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Its definately in the player. I contacted Amazon and the rep ( from philapines i think) made out a e mail to send to cloud engineers or somebody. As soon as I got the Audiogalaxy player to play in the same spot without loosing the connection I was sure its a bug in the cloud player.
Old 03-29-2011, 09:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTECHKA View Post
I thanked you for this OP... I like the idea and feel that this is the future of music and several cloud based systems are popping up all over. I just installed the soundcloud app a few weeks ago and I like it.
However... 5 gb is not much room and they want to charge for 20 gb. I have a 16 gb card in my phone and am looking for a 32. It's just cleaner that way. Also my reception in my office is horrible.
I'm still going to give it a shot and upload my 5 gb. Hmmm... Maybe 5 gb hiphop here 5gb Spanish Rock there... I do have 2 Amazon accounts.
p.
Sorry when you install it tells you no matter how many Amazon accounts you have you can only use one. As part of the install you must pick the account you want to use.

Last edited by odell leon; 03-29-2011 at 10:45 PM.
Old 03-30-2011, 02:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

If you use the player inside with a nice wi-fi signal it works fine. If you take it outside where it only has a (no 4g in my area)3g signal. it has trouble connecting and shuts off constantly. Also it will not play wmp files. I burned a lot of cd's with my windows media player and NONE of these are supported in my case over 400 songs.
Old 04-15-2011, 02:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio/HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

brandonpa is a n00b

The cloud drive is a great idea. I know the free 5 gig one isn't that much money, but the rest of the increases are a dollar a year. (i.e. 20 gigs $20.00, 50 gigs $50.00) But the great thing is that any music you purchase from Amazon is automatically uploaded to your cloud drive and it doesn't take any of your space. It sucks that it doesn't apply to your music that you purchased from them before, but the fact that anymore music you purchase doesn't take your space. There may be better services, but I buy my music from Itunes and Amazon and usually from Amazon due to being mp3 and I purchase from amazon and then can download onto my phone or my computer with my main itunes account to get onto my ipod. I haven't used it for streaming yet, and frankly I don't have to. It is a back thing for my purchased music at this point.
Old 04-17-2011, 07:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Its been over 2 weeks since this came out. There have been two updates that I have tried. Some have blamed the Network error on Sprint (it is not a Sprint problem) and the Network Errors keep happening. The player just sucks on 3g.Great idea but lousy player.

PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion