PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General Android Discussion (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   How to become a gold member to receive yearly upgrades (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=142957)

vabronxboogie 04-21-2011 02:43 AM

How to become a gold member to receive yearly upgrades

If you got a letter sent to your house then you would know that it's quite easy to become a Gold member easily. I lost my Feb upgrade once April 1 came. After speaking to a customer service rep, I got it back. They placed notes on the account that I have an upgrade. Unfortunately the website didnt reflect that which didnt matter but it mattered to me so I had to call sales and they read the notes and they updated the website with my new eligibility date of april 1 2011. I am now on the everything plan and next month im set to be on the $89.99 plan. Although they say I'm a gold member, it wont be updated until 3 months of being on an $89.99 and over plan. Anyone can become a gold member by choosing a plan of $89.99 and over. Wait 3 months and tada you too will be a gold member and can receive a yearly upgrade. Theres always ways around it. Just get on the plan and stay for 3 months and you will be a gold member. once you get ur upgrade you can go back down and 3 months before you reach a yr of receiving ur last upgrade upgrade ur plan to become a Gold member again...lol Read the mail they sent you carefully and u can ask the rep, and they will tell you u have to stay on a plan of $89.99 or more for 3 months to be a gold member. So there is hope for those who lost their upgrade. In conclusion: Change to the $89.99 plan and you'll be a Gold member after 3 months and will be able to get a yearly upgrade.

Thundaar2000 04-26-2011 09:16 PM

Re: How to become a gold member to receive yearly upgrades

Does that go for the family share plans too?

testacon 04-26-2011 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vabronxboogie (Post 2088164)
If you got a letter sent to your house then you would know that it's quite easy to become a Gold member easily. I lost my Feb upgrade once April 1 came. After speaking to a customer service rep, I got it back. They placed notes on the account that I have an upgrade. Unfortunately the website didnt reflect that which didnt matter but it mattered to me so I had to call sales and they read the notes and they updated the website with my new eligibility date of april 1 2011. I am now on the everything plan and next month im set to be on the $89.99 plan. Although they say I'm a gold member, it wont be updated until 3 months of being on an $89.99 and over plan. Anyone can become a gold member by choosing a plan of $89.99 and over. Wait 3 months and tada you too will be a gold member and can receive a yearly upgrade. Theres always ways around it. Just get on the plan and stay for 3 months and you will be a gold member. once you get ur upgrade you can go back down and 3 months before you reach a yr of receiving ur last upgrade upgrade ur plan to become a Gold member again...lol Read the mail they sent you carefully and u can ask the rep, and they will tell you u have to stay on a plan of $89.99 or more for 3 months to be a gold member. So there is hope for those who lost their upgrade. In conclusion: Change to the $89.99 plan and you'll be a Gold member after 3 months and will be able to get a yearly upgrade.

For some people this has a nasty side effect...

If you have a plan that is no longer offered (aka Grandfathered in) and switch to the other plan listed above for three months then try to return to the other one--you SOL...

You'll need to pick another plan that is currently offered after you switch back. The other thing to note is that ONLY the primary phone gets the upgrade, not every phone on the account.

testacon 04-26-2011 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thundaar2000 (Post 2091719)
Does that go for the family share plans too?

For family/shared plans the minimum amount for Gold is three months @ $169.99 per month. Plus you can only go back to a currently offered plan, not an older grandfathered one--if that's what you're coming from.

Thundaar2000 04-26-2011 10:22 PM

Would the 169.99 be for all the phones or just the first 2.
I will be over that once my son gets back from overseas and gets a phone again!

testacon 04-26-2011 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thundaar2000 (Post 2091748)

Not sure about that, I pulled my info from this site...

Sprint Premier Gold and Silver

jason25 04-27-2011 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thundaar2000 (Post 2091748)

I am pretty sure that additional lines do not count as it is an add-on to the plan and add-ons do not count toward the base price.

jason25 04-27-2011 07:55 AM

You don't subscribe, you qualify. Check the link above for what qualifies you to be a member.

Thundaar2000 04-27-2011 09:34 PM

Yep 169.99 or more base plan price. so I'll only qual for silver. Its base price before any coporate discounts and no added lines or options.... so Now I just need to read what silver has to offer..

Dr.8820 04-28-2011 12:04 AM

Wirelessly posted (WP7 Beta Tester: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows Phone OS 7.0; Trident/3.1; IEMobile/7.0; HTC; HD7))

...silver doesn't offer squat :(.