PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General Android Discussion (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   full website access (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=142548)

drew911d 04-06-2011 11:49 AM

full website access

Is there a setting with android to automatically go to the full website in the browser instead of voing to the mobile site? There was on my TP2, but I can't find it on my droidx. In many cases I can't ever get to the full website. I click on their link to go to it, but it just refreshes the mobile site. With phones this powerful I don't want to be stuck using the handicapped mobile sites.

Thanks for any feedback.

gTen 04-06-2011 11:52 PM

Re: full website access

Quote:

Originally Posted by drew911d (Post 2080675)
Is there a setting with android to automatically go to the full website in the browser instead of voing to the mobile site? There was on my TP2, but I can't find it on my droidx. In many cases I can't ever get to the full website. I click on their link to go to it, but it just refreshes the mobile site. With phones this powerful I don't want to be stuck using the handicapped mobile sites.

Thanks for any feedback.

Try Dolphin HD..or Opera (with custom useragent)

slantyshanty 04-07-2011 09:44 AM

Open browser, menu, more, settings, MOBIE VIEW (un-check)

drew911d 04-08-2011 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slantyshanty (Post 2081246)
Open browser, menu, more, settings, MOBIE VIEW (un-check)

I don't have that option in browser settings. Do I have to root to get it?

boredandtattooed 04-10-2011 01:35 PM

+1 on Dolphin..

also Skyfire has a button you just press to switch between mobile and desktop.. (half droid/half com screen icon, gives you a pop up for android, desktop, or auto[i think])

Laos101 04-10-2011 02:26 PM

Skyfire, Dolphin HD - all great browsers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by drew911d (Post 2082080)
I don't have that option in browser settings. Do I have to root to get it?

Should be there. Was in on my version

adz1966 04-12-2011 01:28 AM

Type "about:debug" in the browser text box and the option for UAString should show up in settings. Then switch the UAString to "desktop".

TexasAggie97 04-14-2011 04:46 PM

Full website access is not an option under my broswer settings. However, it seems that every site I have been to that has a mobile site, has a link at the bottom for the "full website" version.

adz1966 04-15-2011 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexasAggie97 (Post 2084994)
Full website access is not an option under my broswer settings. However, it seems that every site I have been to that has a mobile site, has a link at the bottom for the "full website" version.

Check my post above... never mind, here it is:

Type "about:debug" in the browser text box and the option for UAString should show up in settings. Then switch the UAString to "desktop".

Also, uncheck "Enable Mobile View" in settings.

TexasAggie97 04-15-2011 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adz1966 (Post 2085231)
Check my post above... never mind, here it is:

Also, uncheck "Enable Mobile View" in settings.

I typed about:debug it in the URL bar and nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?