PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2011, 02:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

vabronxboogie is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How to become a gold member to receive yearly upgrades

If you got a letter sent to your house then you would know that it's quite easy to become a Gold member easily. I lost my Feb upgrade once April 1 came. After speaking to a customer service rep, I got it back. They placed notes on the account that I have an upgrade. Unfortunately the website didnt reflect that which didnt matter but it mattered to me so I had to call sales and they read the notes and they updated the website with my new eligibility date of april 1 2011. I am now on the everything plan and next month im set to be on the $89.99 plan. Although they say I'm a gold member, it wont be updated until 3 months of being on an $89.99 and over plan. Anyone can become a gold member by choosing a plan of $89.99 and over. Wait 3 months and tada you too will be a gold member and can receive a yearly upgrade. Theres always ways around it. Just get on the plan and stay for 3 months and you will be a gold member. once you get ur upgrade you can go back down and 3 months before you reach a yr of receiving ur last upgrade upgrade ur plan to become a Gold member again...lol Read the mail they sent you carefully and u can ask the rep, and they will tell you u have to stay on a plan of $89.99 or more for 3 months to be a gold member. So there is hope for those who lost their upgrade. In conclusion: Change to the $89.99 plan and you'll be a Gold member after 3 months and will be able to get a yearly upgrade.

Last edited by vabronxboogie; 04-21-2011 at 07:00 AM.
Old 04-26-2011, 09:16 PM
Older than Dirt!
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3
Carrier: sprint

Thundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Re: How to become a gold member to receive yearly upgrades

Does that go for the family share plans too?
Old 04-26-2011, 09:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

testacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by vabronxboogie View Post
If you got a letter sent to your house then you would know that it's quite easy to become a Gold member easily. I lost my Feb upgrade once April 1 came. After speaking to a customer service rep, I got it back. They placed notes on the account that I have an upgrade. Unfortunately the website didnt reflect that which didnt matter but it mattered to me so I had to call sales and they read the notes and they updated the website with my new eligibility date of april 1 2011. I am now on the everything plan and next month im set to be on the $89.99 plan. Although they say I'm a gold member, it wont be updated until 3 months of being on an $89.99 and over plan. Anyone can become a gold member by choosing a plan of $89.99 and over. Wait 3 months and tada you too will be a gold member and can receive a yearly upgrade. Theres always ways around it. Just get on the plan and stay for 3 months and you will be a gold member. once you get ur upgrade you can go back down and 3 months before you reach a yr of receiving ur last upgrade upgrade ur plan to become a Gold member again...lol Read the mail they sent you carefully and u can ask the rep, and they will tell you u have to stay on a plan of $89.99 or more for 3 months to be a gold member. So there is hope for those who lost their upgrade. In conclusion: Change to the $89.99 plan and you'll be a Gold member after 3 months and will be able to get a yearly upgrade.
For some people this has a nasty side effect...

If you have a plan that is no longer offered (aka Grandfathered in) and switch to the other plan listed above for three months then try to return to the other one--you SOL...

You'll need to pick another plan that is currently offered after you switch back. The other thing to note is that ONLY the primary phone gets the upgrade, not every phone on the account.
Old 04-26-2011, 09:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker

testacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundaar2000 View Post
Does that go for the family share plans too?
For family/shared plans the minimum amount for Gold is three months @ $169.99 per month. Plus you can only go back to a currently offered plan, not an older grandfathered one--if that's what you're coming from.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-26-2011, 10:22 PM
Older than Dirt!

Thundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the community

Would the 169.99 be for all the phones or just the first 2.
I will be over that once my son gets back from overseas and gets a phone again!
Old 04-26-2011, 10:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Not sure about that, I pulled my info from this site...

Sprint Premier Gold and Silver
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-27-2011, 06:10 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
I am pretty sure that additional lines do not count as it is an add-on to the plan and add-ons do not count toward the base price.

Old 04-27-2011, 07:55 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

You don't subscribe, you qualify. Check the link above for what qualifies you to be a member.
Old 04-27-2011, 09:34 PM
Older than Dirt!

Yep 169.99 or more base plan price. so I'll only qual for silver. Its base price before any coporate discounts and no added lines or options.... so Now I just need to read what silver has to offer..
Old 04-28-2011, 12:04 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (WP7 Beta Tester: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows Phone OS 7.0; Trident/3.1; IEMobile/7.0; HTC; HD7))

...silver doesn't offer squat .

PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion