PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2011, 11:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond500//Sprint//Groove4
Carrier: rdrf

popasmurfn25 is keeping up the good workpopasmurfn25 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Why isnt there a sprints EVO 3d CTIA announcement on the front page yet????

hey just thought this would make front page over here all ready... i guess we have some laggers....anyways sprints full of crap about this phone being 3D. Ive seen 3D before and believe me this stuff just looks like some software effect that they tried to throw in there to make the dimensions of certain angles of the video or photo to stand out but without actually standing out, get it? I mean if your gonna make a video showing a phone that has stuff popping out like real 3D then thats what we should get, what a waste of a phone. I honestly can say big woof i already have a evo what do i need this 3d one for huh? Why cause it has the official gingerbread? WACK!!
Old 03-25-2011, 12:50 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

notinkeys is a n00b
Re: Why isnt there a sprints EVO 3d CTIA announcement on the front page yet????

I take it since you have decided the 3D is no good you have seen it in use? Or are you just expressing a view with absolutely no idea what you're talking about?
Old 03-25-2011, 06:50 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by notinkeys View Post
I take it since you have decided the 3D is no good you have seen it in use? Or are you just expressing a view with absolutely no idea what you're talking about?
I vote for option B, he has no idea what he is talking about.

Old 03-26-2011, 06:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond500//Sprint//Groove4
Carrier: rdrf
Threadstarter

popasmurfn25 is keeping up the good workpopasmurfn25 is keeping up the good work

YouTube - HTC EVO 3D and HTC EVO View 4G Event at CTIA - Part One

I guess watching the video of the 3D evo phone is different from actually testing it out in real life, becuase i was just judging it by the youtube videos that have been coming out. I hope its way better in person otherwise i will support my first comment about it 100%

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmELz...eature=related

IDK im just not convinced by these videos it dosnt look like 3D man.
Old 03-30-2011, 07:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch (SGS2)

eman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by popasmurfn25 View Post
YouTube - HTC EVO 3D and HTC EVO View 4G Event at CTIA - Part One

I guess watching the video of the 3D evo phone is different from actually testing it out in real life, becuase i was just judging it by the youtube videos that have been coming out. I hope its way better in person otherwise i will support my first comment about it 100%

YouTube - Hands-on with Sprint's HTC EVO 3D at CTIA 2011

IDK im just not convinced by these videos it dosnt look like 3D man.
lol, you can't see the actual 3d effect when watching a video taken of something in 3d. The only way you would see anything in 3d if it was a 3d video camera taken a video of the EVO 3d and you were watching it on a 3d screen. Even then, I don't think you would see the 3d effects of the phone but you would only see the 3d effects of what the camera making the video is capturing in 3d.

Hope that confusing statement made sense.......Bottom line, you won't see the 3d effect unless you are looking at the phone in person and not a video of it.
Old 03-31-2011, 09:48 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

I guess I am the only person who could care less about the 3D part of the EVO 3D. To me it's a gimmick and something that I would never use. What I do care about is the faster dual core processor, twice the memory (RAM), four times the storage (ROM), Bluetooth 3.0, higher resolution and a video playback capable of doing "3D." Because with that capability, I am damn sure going to get better playback of higher quality videos off my SD card.
Old 03-31-2011, 10:17 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S ll, Epic 4G Touch

tsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to tsowen Send a message via MSN to tsowen Send a message via Skype™ to tsowen

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
I guess I am the only person who could care less about the 3D part of the EVO 3D. To me it's a gimmick and something that I would never use. What I do care about is the faster dual core processor, twice the memory (RAM), four times the storage (ROM), Bluetooth 3.0, higher resolution and a video playback capable of doing "3D." Because with that capability, I am damn sure going to get better playback of higher quality videos off my SD card.
Yeah I would agree with you 100% rainfreak, also to the OP, watching the video you can not really see the 3D, only in person could you but yeah I guess I don't see the point in having 3D on the phone. I guess if one watches a lot of 3D movies it might be okay but I am more into the faster, stronger performance.

Makes you wonder what will come out in the future. I want a phone that all I have to do is think of who I want to call and it does it for me lmao
Old 03-31-2011, 03:05 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post

im with you regarding not jumping up and down for the 3D feature. and a bigger storage and higher memory is something that would tip the scale for me. got lots of files downloaded to my sd and wish a whole bunch of them i can store on my device without having to worry about the storage.

and no...they're not p0rn...at least not all of them!

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!

PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion