PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2011, 09:27 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO,TP2,Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

searcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuffsearcher61 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint and Google to Launch Integrated Google Voice Experience on All Sprint Phones

Sprint and Google to Launch Integrated Google Voice Experience on All Sprint Phones, Including Upcoming Nexus S 4G

News Releases
21 March 2011

Sprint and Google to Launch Integrated Google Voice Experience on All Sprint Phones, Including Upcoming Nexus S 4G
Sprint is first carrier to allow customers to use their existing mobile number as their Google Voice number without porting

Multimedia Gallery
Integrated Google Voice Experience (Graphic: Business Wire)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OVERLAND PARK, Kan. (BUSINESS WIRE), March 21, 2011 - Sprint (NYSE: S) and Google announced today a new integrated Google Voice™ experience that will allow Sprint customers to set their existing Sprint wireless phone number as their Google Voice number. Sprint customers will be able to take advantage of all the features and benefits of Google Voice without the hassle and fees associated with porting their number. Sprint is the first and only carrier to offer this capability, which will be available soon on all Sprint CDMA phones.

In addition, Nexus S 4G1, announced today by Sprint, Google and Samsung, will allow Sprint customers to enable the integrated Google Voice experience and will come preloaded with the Google Voice Android app.

“As part of our partnership with Google, our customers will appreciate having the easiest set-up experience of any wireless carrier for Google Voice across all of our CDMA phones, using their existing Sprint phone number,” said Kevin McGinnis, vice president-Product and Technology Development, Sprint. “It’s now easier than ever to truly live a mobile lifestyle with the ability to manage multiple devices through intelligent call routing and online controls using just one phone number – your existing Sprint number.”

"With this integration, we have made Google Voice simple to use with a Sprint phone," said Dave Girouard, president at Google. "Sprint subscribers now have access to all the benefits of Google Voice behind their existing mobile number without the need for porting or, if they already have a Google Voice number, they can display that number from their Sprint phone without the need for a separate application."

Manage multiple devices with Google Voice

Google Voice makes it easy for people to manage and access most of their voice-based communication. It lets users manage up to six different devices through one phone number with intelligent call routing and advanced features like call screening, blocking and recording using the phone’s dial pad. Sprint subscribers will be able to use their Sprint number across their office, home and wireless phones, and personalize settings so calls from friends ring their wireless device and home phone, while calls from the boss only ring at the office. Google Voice users can receive transcribed voicemails and read or listen to them online. They can also read, send and search text messages and call logs online at www.google.com/voice.
Old 03-30-2011, 09:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

inmnbob is just getting started
Re: Sprint and Google to Launch Integrated Google Voice Experience on All Sprint Phon

Any ideas of a launch date?
Old 03-31-2011, 08:46 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak
Re: Sprint and Google to Launch Integrated Google Voice Experience on All Sprint Phon

Knowing Sprint, probably sometime near the end of the year...
Old 04-04-2011, 09:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4g

sbrown2680 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
Knowing Sprint, probably sometime near the end of the year...
Just got an early invite to be a tester.

Quote:
Hello,

You have been invited to start enjoying the benefits of the Sprint integration before anyone else! We are interested in your feedback as we roll this out to the entire user base and have listed an email address below where you can send feedback and or questions.

There are two ways to enable the integrated service:

1. Option 1: Keep your Sprint number (all the benefits of porting without the need to). In this case, your Sprint number becomes your Google Voice number so that when people call your Sprint mobile number, it rings all the phones you want.

How to enable this: click on the "change/port" link next to your GV # in the settings page, choose the option to use your existing number, enter your Sprint number and select the Sprint option.

2. Option 2: Replace your Sprint number with your Google Voice number (all the benefits of the app without the need for one). In this case, all calls made from your Sprint phone will display your Google Voice # natively (same for SMS).

How to enable this: click on the "enable Google Voice on your Sprint phone" link next to your Sprint forwarding phone. If the link does not show, click on edit and use the link to verify whether your phone is eligible.

In both cases, Google Voice replaces Sprint voicemail (pressing one on your phone links you to your Google Voicemail) and international calls made from the Sprint phone will be connected by Google Voice. Integrating your account with Sprint means you will still get the benefits of Any Mobile Any Time if that is included in your service plan.

Important Notes:

The integrated service only works with a valid Sprint mobile number.
For this early release, Sprint support channels will not be available for support, including Sprint Retail Stores, Sprint Customer Care, Sprint Telesales, Sprint Direct Sales Reps, etc.
If you need support, please direct your questions/comments to XXXXXXXXXX@googlegroups.com with your Sprint or Google Voice number listed.
If you use the Google Voice app on Android, you will need to log out and log back in to make sure the app stops using call interception.
Thanks,

Vincent Paquet, on behalf of the Google Voice team

© 2011 Google Inc. 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043

You are receiving this email announcement because you requested to be notified when the Sprint integration was available.

Last edited by sbrown2680; 04-05-2011 at 01:50 PM.
Old 04-11-2011, 12:57 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Matt is keeping up the good workMatt is keeping up the good work

Did you do anything to get this early access?
Old 04-11-2011, 04:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo

blackangst is keeping up the good workblackangst is keeping up the good workblackangst is keeping up the good work

Will they be still charging the associated fees for G Voice?
Old 04-26-2011, 09:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint evo
Carrier: sprint

odell leon is just getting started

I got my invite on 04/25/2011 and tried it. I was able to get voice to install my sprint number. Then the trouble started. REMEMBER GOOGLE DOES NOT HAVE CUSTOMER SUPPORT. When you called my home number it rang but my Sprint EVO remained silent. when you called my Sprint number it never rang. but it did show that I had a missed call. Had leval two tech support from Sprint on line (two different people) and neither had any idea what to do.They were reading all the pages Google likes to bring up for a problem. After two hours trying I gavw up and deleated Google Voice. What I wanted to do: Since I miss calls when not at home I wanted my Sprint cell to ring both when you call the home number and its own number. I wanted the Voicemail on my phone to work with my home phone (it may use a different "Google" voicemail) The rep told me it works backwards from what I wanted. If you call the Sprint phone it also rings the home number, i don't know because the cell stopped ringing completely when Voice is activated. I waited for Voice because I use my Sprint number for all my calls and just have the home number because when applying for credit etc. they want the home phone number. I no longer have an answering machine on the home number and wanted to use Voice to get around this.

PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion