PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2011, 08:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touchpro 2
Carrier: Sprint

elry7 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Does Sprint PowerPack work with any new phones out there?

I went into the store and said "I'd like to get the SERO plan, please." "OK." And I ended up walking out the door with a Sprint PowerPack 450 plan for $39.99 with a $10 credit every month. This was a few years ago. Since then, I have been able to threaten my way to pay less than half that amount every month with unlimited text and data. I have no intention of switching out of my plan, but the most up-to-date phone I have is the TP2, and it's getting on my nerves. I know the SERO plan is coming back in a Premium version, but from what I read, I'm not eligible since I was never a SERO customer.

Does anyone know if I will ever be able to touch an Android phone with my grand ol' Sprint PowerPack??? Or is there a chance that I can get on SERO Premium?
Old 02-09-2011, 10:24 PM
truth mirror
Pocket PC: N Deuce

w7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuff
Re: Does Sprint PowerPack work with any new phones out there?

Not going to happen.
Old 02-10-2011, 01:10 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

The only Android phone you would be able to use is a TP2/TP/Mogul/Diamond/Vogue running Android...

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-10-2011, 01:15 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

call and ask honestly... cant hurt...

you needed and everything plan before for Android... but with the smartphone fee, now maybe theyre letting customers just add the smartphone charge to existing plans if you have unlimited data... i doubt it, but you can ask...

this would piss alot of customers off though if it did work now... 1000s of customers including myself had to change plans around big time to get Android..
Old 02-11-2011, 03:15 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

elry7 is a n00b

Yeah, I was VERY tempted to change too, but I could not bear paying more for such a great plan. I will definitely ask and let you guys know what I find. My doubts are with you, but I'm holding out hope...let's see which rep can make it happen! It's sad that those who have been with Sprint for so long doesn't get good breaks.

Thanks for the comments!
Old 02-11-2011, 05:38 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by elry7 View Post
Yeah, I was VERY tempted to change too, but I could not bear paying more for such a great plan. I will definitely ask and let you guys know what I find. My doubts are with you, but I'm holding out hope...let's see which rep can make it happen! It's sad that those who have been with Sprint for so long doesn't get good breaks.

Thanks for the comments!

Sprint has been cutting down on that a lot lately..they reps can't do very much..even if they wanted to they can't, the system won't let them..as for reoccurring credits..I hear some people claim that sprint now looks into those and removes them.
Old 02-12-2011, 12:04 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC-6700

vonnieglen is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I have a similar great deal on a fair and flexible family plan with discounts and free data. Sprint reps tried to talk me into switching to an Everything Plan so I could get an EVO, but there was no way that I could justify it especially considering my current financial situation.

I bought two Touch Pro 2 phones through Ebay... one for a $100 and one for $150. Fortunately we activated them just before the new $10 fee started. If someone is used to a newer more powerful phone then maybe they would not be as happy with a Touch Pro 2, but to my wife and I they are nothing short of incredible. The call quallity is better than any other cell phones we have owned, the high resolution screens, the 3g data and Windows Mobile Apps and features are great also.

I have used a Windows Mobile Phone for the past several years, a PPC-6700 which I have been quite happy with... especially after trying out the PPCKitchen and using several custom ROMs. It is kind of amazing to have a computerized device remain useful for so many years.

The Touch Pro 2 is a far more useful and capable Windows Mobile Phone as compared to my PPC-6700; I cannot recommend it more highly. Trying to browse the web on the PPC-6700's 320x240 screen was frustrating. The TP2s 800x480 screen makes browsing the web practical. I find myself pulling it out to read reviews and compare prices before I buy something at Walmart, Costco, or the Mall.

Most of my friends at work have upgraded to Android phones. Many of their phones have more processing power than mine, but I don't see that from a practical perspective that they tend to get much more out of their phones than me. I am a person who tends to open multiple tabs on a computer's browser. I find that with the TP2 it is better not to open too many tabs in the browser or you risk bogging the phone down. I also like to have a shortcut to the Task Manager always at the ready to clear programs that I am not using at the moment. With more memory and processing power one probably wouldn't have to develop these types of habits, but to save hundreds of dollars a year I can live with a few minor inconveniences.

If it weren't for Sprint allowing us a few crumbs on our old plans like the Touch Pro 2... I currently wouldn't be able to afford a decent computer phone so I am very greatful. Don't fret about not being able to get an Android Phone, just get a Touch Pro 2. You can always run a mostly functioning version of Android 2.2 on the TP2. That is what I have been messing around with lately, which is how I happened to find your thread.

Last edited by vonnieglen; 02-12-2011 at 12:23 AM.
Old 02-16-2011, 02:29 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

elry7 is a n00b

Actually, I do have to agree with you. For the most part, my TP2 does exactly I need it to do: text, go online, and my most used app, the wifi router. I flashed it with the energy ROM so it looks great. I think what prompted me to get a new phone was I felt mine was getting very glitchy and froze on me too often. I ended up deleting two of my four email accounts and limited the amount of messages it stored so that helped. The customization is amazing.

The only thing I can't stand is how the phone unlocks and opens up all these programs, killing my battery by midday. Does yours do that? I got the screen lock, but that seemed to make it worse!

How is android running on your phone? I'll most likely start messing with that to spice things up.

Thanks for your advice and perspective!
Old 02-16-2011, 04:38 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
Originally Posted by elry7 View Post
Actually, I do have to agree with you. For the most part, my TP2 does exactly I need it to do: text, go online, and my most used app, the wifi router. I flashed it with the energy ROM so it looks great. I think what prompted me to get a new phone was I felt mine was getting very glitchy and froze on me too often. I ended up deleting two of my four email accounts and limited the amount of messages it stored so that helped. The customization is amazing.

The only thing I can't stand is how the phone unlocks and opens up all these programs, killing my battery by midday. Does yours do that? I got the screen lock, but that seemed to make it worse!

How is android running on your phone? I'll most likely start messing with that to spice things up.

Thanks for your advice and perspective!
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/tp2-android-development/

PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion

Tags
powerpack 450, sero, sprint 6.5 touch pro 2