PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2011, 02:51 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

okwassup is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to okwassup Send a message via Yahoo to okwassup
Question How do i get the MSL code

I used BAFMSL .cab on wm phones few times and indeed they got me the code ,to get into programming menu ...etc , I was given an LG Ls670 has android OS ., so this is all new to me.
to start how do i go about getting the SPC ,MSL code, iam sure these phones have menu...etc

and are they just like the wm phones programs.cab.., or different. any link to a collection of good android programs used for flashing hacking ...etc is appreciated .
sincerely
Old 01-06-2011, 03:20 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak
Re: How do i get the MSL code

The Android MSL Reader app is free, you can download via the QR code here, or search the Market from your phone.

You can also look here for instructions on how to get your MSL without an app.
Old 01-06-2011, 06:23 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

okwassup is a n00b

thanks a lot , the phone i have is not in service its an Lg Ls670 ., ,would be 1st android OS i have . ofcourse i dont know how to use all functions ., but i would want to figure out how to get to program menu ...etc for programing ., cant find much info for this LG., btw its sprint so its CDMA.

sincerely

I was told the OS android was made to make life better, easier...free no complications., how do you download a file from these androids web pages., one of your links is at XDA which is great , the other link to msl reader, there are links and icons to comments icons , adds, except a word like download here ., i clicked everything and no download the file ., OMG this has to be a good one.
where is the link or icon to download.???

Last edited by okwassup; 01-06-2011 at 06:48 PM.
Old 01-07-2011, 02:26 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

okwassup is a n00b

an update
It seems that iam not familiar and do not know much at all about the android os., the web site i was directed to , after hours of frustration , found out that you cant download to pc., need to do it from phone.
ok here is the issue the phone has no service . cant logg online make calls.
1. can i download files for android from other sites and install on micro card for phone,then install card to phone.???
2. the card can be formatted from Pc , or it needs to be special formatted from phone with android os.
3. so how can i install a program on phone to get msl.??, i have cdma cracked 2.7 , would that work to get msl.?
if i need to program the phone number ... etc how do i go to programming menu., is that different from one android to anther., I have LG LS 670 CDMA phone
sincerely
Old 01-07-2011, 10:17 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/no root
Carrier: Sprint

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre

cdma workshop method from xda-do you really want to pay $100 for the workshop for a device you don't know how to use? The market app requires root to work. You can use a wifi connection to get market to work, and download apps, even do most of the things the device needs connection to net for. But have you looked into the logcat method? I didn't have luck with that method. I had an old family friend that worked for sprint, I called her and she was at work, so I asked her to log into my account and give me my msl code. That was so easy for me. Sprint wont just give it to you if they think you are trying to mess with things. Although if you call and add the device to you plan, I do believe they give you the msl code as part of going thru the settings to change some epst settings. If not, and they add the device to your account, call them back in about 1/2 hour and tell them it isn't working. Tech support will go thru some steps to get it working, and then they will give you your msl. Be prepared to be ready to right things down as it may be a code they call something else but it is a 5 digit code.

Last edited by jpwhre; 01-07-2011 at 10:17 PM. Reason: spell corection
Old 01-08-2011, 01:19 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

okwassup is a n00b

thank you for the reply ., i will try to hook up a wireless network and see if the wifi works ., ill do that .cant activate the phone .bad ESN
still thanks
sincerely
Old 01-13-2011, 01:06 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff

With a bad ESN this wouldn't work, but I recall that one time when I did a handset swap on the Sprint web site, I chose to do a manual activation, and one of the codes that was given to me was the MSL code (directly from the web site). It is called the "Secondary 6-digit code". I did this for my TP2, so I'm not sure it works the same way for android phones.

PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion