PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2011, 10:41 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint

Da Uniq 1 is keeping up the good workDa Uniq 1 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Da Uniq 1 Send a message via MSN to Da Uniq 1 Send a message via Yahoo to Da Uniq 1
Sprint Voicemail for Android

Hope I put this in the right place. Mod's please feel free to move it appropriately.

I think this is for all Android phones with Sprint that have the visual voicemail options.

Got an Evo now.

Before I had Android, If I wanted to send my brother a quick Voicemail or check my voicemail from his phone (if I was away from mine), I could bypass the ringing and the system and save myself time by dialing 1 then the 10 digit phone #. Example 11 (123) 459-7890.

That would take me string to voicemail. I don't have that option anymore with Android phones. Is there a way to do this?

I already know of the option to send a person a voice msg. But what about when I simply want to check a voicemsg without having to ring, wit for VM to pick up, then going thru whatever options to enter my access code?
Old 01-05-2011, 11:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g LTE

AYSIANA is keeping up the good workAYSIANA is keeping up the good work
Re: Sprint Voicemail for Android

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Uniq 1 View Post
But what about when I simply want to check a voicemsg without having to ring, wit for VM to pick up, then going thru whatever options to enter my access code?
What version of the Voicemail app is running on your phone? (Open the app and scroll down to where it says "Check for update" and just below that it will tell you your current version.) The most current is T.5.1.0.48 and ever since I got the phone on 6-4-10, I have never needed to call and wait for my vm to pick up and enter my access code. I just open the Voicemail app and look at my inbox on the screen and tap on the message I want to listen to and press the play button.

I do hate that since going to Android, the enter a "numeric page" option is no longer available
Old 01-05-2011, 12:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G LTE
Threadstarter

Da Uniq 1 is keeping up the good workDa Uniq 1 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Da Uniq 1 Send a message via MSN to Da Uniq 1 Send a message via Yahoo to Da Uniq 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYSIANA View Post
What version of the Voicemail app is running on your phone? (Open the app and scroll down to where it says "Check for update" and just below that it will tell you your current version.) The most current is T.5.1.0.48 and ever since I got the phone on 6-4-10, I have never needed to call and wait for my vm to pick up and enter my access code. I just open the Voicemail app and look at my inbox on the screen and tap on the message I want to listen to and press the play button.

I do hate that since going to Android, the enter a "numeric page" option is no longer available
Kells that's not what I'm looking for.

If I'm away from my phone and I use another sprint phone to call my phone and check voicemail, I can't do it on Android or Blackberry anymore. I think it's any device that has Visual Voicemail. But I can still do it that way on any other device that doesn't have VV like a rumor Touch or TP2 etc.....
Old 01-05-2011, 03:04 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

pretty sure you have to wait for VM to pick up and hit *, then it will let you enter your VM pass and then you can hear your messages....

ever thought of using youmail??? its awesome, it generates a new number you program into your phone as your VM# and your good to go... need to check your messages from another phone? just call that your VM# and its right there... also check your messages from any web browser... custom greeting messages if you set them up(this is a sweet feature f you ask me)... more shit too... idk, its worth checking out for sure
Old 01-06-2011, 01:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Uniq 1 View Post
Kells that's not what I'm looking for.

If I'm away from my phone and I use another sprint phone to call my phone and check voicemail, I can't do it on Android or Blackberry anymore. I think it's any device that has Visual Voicemail. But I can still do it that way on any other device that doesn't have VV like a rumor Touch or TP2 etc.....
Hmm ok G...I had no idea that you're away from your phone for long periods of time on a regular basis that you need to call it from another phone to check vm...

Maybe stop using your Sprint vm altogether and set it up to use your gvm instead?
Old 01-06-2011, 01:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
pretty sure you have to wait for VM to pick up and hit *, then it will let you enter your VM pass and then you can hear your messages....

ever thought of using youmail??? its awesome, it generates a new number you program into your phone as your VM# and your good to go... need to check your messages from another phone? just call that your VM# and its right there... also check your messages from any web browser... custom greeting messages if you set them up(this is a sweet feature f you ask me)... more shit too... idk, its worth checking out for sure
So the youmail is similar to Google Voice mail then, right?
Old 01-06-2011, 02:18 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

i havent played much with GVM... just check out Visual Voicemail For Your Phone | YouMail
Old 01-06-2011, 07:53 AM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

GVM is awsome! I switched from the stock VVM because of that crap ad they put on it...you know...the one that says "Try mail to text FREE". It's easy to set up and so far it's been flawless.
Old 01-07-2011, 01:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator352 View Post
GVM is awsome! I switched from the stock VVM because of that crap ad they put on it...you know...the one that says "Try mail to text FREE". It's easy to set up and so far it's been flawless.
I use my GV all the time to make calls and texting but I've never really used the voicemail part of it...compared to the stock voicemail app thats on there....does the gvm have a nice interface for accesing your messages on your phone screen like the stock vm does?
Old 01-07-2011, 09:55 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/no root

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre

GVM lets you know you have a voicemail. It will convert the msg to a text and send it to you. It will convert it to a text, and allow to listen to msg together in an email. And if you have google talk app on your device, it will also show the text as well as letting you listen to msg. Anywere you can access your mail, your voicemail will be there.

PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion