PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2010, 09:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

Jimmy_Digital is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Jimmy_Digital Send a message via Yahoo to Jimmy_Digital Send a message via Skype™ to Jimmy_Digital
Galaxy Tablet "Hit or Miss"

I think its safe to say that by now the Galaxy Tablet should of been a successful device, but...NOT. The galaxy although its a step up from the "EVO", is tooo...tooo pricey, plus its nothing compared to the ipad, which by the way is the BETTER deal. I havent heard of to many people having the Tablet, and its just not there, besides the EVO, all the tablet have on the EVO is just a lil bit bigger screen for DOUBLE the price.

Please post your input, then put Hit...or Miss....
Old 12-01-2010, 12:15 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak
Re: Galaxy Tablet "Hit or Miss"

As an owner of both the EVO and a Galaxy Tab, I would disagree with your opinion. The SGT is a great device that does everything that an iPad can do, at least for me. Music, movies, ebooks, browsing the Internet (with Flash support!), corporate and personal email, apps, games, it does it all.

And it is cheaper than the iPad by a lot... so I don't know how you think the iPad is a better deal. IMHO, if you haven't used one for more than a few minutes in the store, I don't think you have all the information needed to form a proper opinion. I have used an iPad and have an SGT, and for me, the SGT is hands down better.
Old 12-01-2010, 12:57 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

While I agree that it is to expensive I don't think we can say it was a miss. They have sold over 600,000 world wide so they are close to the expected ship number of 1,000,000 by the end of the year.

Follow me on mytabletlife.com
Old 12-01-2010, 02:33 PM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake

IMHO the galaxy tab and all android based tablets are useless at their current state. Another thing, why 7 inch screen? I mean its already not pocketable so why not go to ten inches? Well even samsung admitted that the android os isn't built for tablets *yet* and that's why they choice the 7 inch format. I do wish I had flash at time but seems as if most web developers are coming around and releasing a html5 version of most video content. Now to the part I think is what kills the SGT....

v This is what boggles my mind. v

Code:
Galaxy Tab                                                  Apple iPad

7 Inch Screen                                               10 Inch Screen
599.99 No Contract(Verizon)                            499.99 No Contract
16GB Internal & Memory Card Slot                     16GB Internal

Old 12-01-2010, 02:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Send a message via AIM to Jimmy_Digital Send a message via Yahoo to Jimmy_Digital Send a message via Skype™ to Jimmy_Digital

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
As an owner of both the EVO and a Galaxy Tab, I would disagree with your opinion. The SGT is a great device that does everything that an iPad can do, at least for me. Music, movies, ebooks, browsing the Internet (with Flash support!), corporate and personal email, apps, games, it does it all.

And it is cheaper than the iPad by a lot... so I don't know how you think the iPad is a better deal. IMHO, if you haven't used one for more than a few minutes in the store, I don't think you have all the information needed to form a proper opinion. I have used an iPad and have an SGT, and for me, the SGT is hands down better.
Check CNET Prizefight comparising the SGT vs. iPad
Old 12-01-2010, 02:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

CNET PRIZEFIGHT Videos - Free video downloads and streaming video - CNET TV
Old 12-01-2010, 04:12 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy_Digital View Post
I would not use a prizefight as an indicator..from watching varies prizefights you notice that half the time they have no clue what they are talking about....and I don't mean about their opinions..I mean they mix up facts...

Though one thing you do notice is how in the prizefight you actually see them hold the galaxy tab..but the ipad they have docked..not only that..

Also a lot of the time they talk about screen realestate mostly on the web and show the ipad in horizontal mode..while showing the tab in verticle...which desnt make sense to me since if you want as close to desktop experience..horizontal is the way to go..

What makes the Galaxy Tab stick out with 7 inchs is because it fills in a gap..notice a lot of people say they use the ipad instead of a notebook because it is more portable...the 7inch gives those people more portability and when power is needed they use a netbook/laptop...at 10.1 inches I see no reason not to use a laptop/netbook already :/...at 7inchs though a simplifies OS starts to make sense as it is too small for windows...

As for prices on Verizon.my guess is Verizon is trying to apeal to apple via sales by paying out of their own pocket...AT&T ddi this before too with hte iphone and 200$ price

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-01-2010, 04:39 PM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
What makes the Galaxy Tab stick out with 7 inchs is because it fills in a gap..notice a lot of people say they use the ipad instead of a notebook because it is more portable...the 7inch gives those people more portability and when power is needed they use a netbook/laptop...at 10.1 inches I see no reason not to use a laptop/netbook already :/...at 7inchs though a simplifies OS starts to make sense as it is too small for windows...
7 Inches is no more portable than a 10 inch imho. I personally own one of the first 7 inch touch screen devices called the HTC Shift. This thing didn't get much use at all. They screen is to small for it to really be usable at all. When web browsing on a 7 inch horizontally you only get about 1/4 of the site if not less which sucks for most major websites today. Now the iPad on the other hand is a dream to browse on.

Quote:
As for prices on Verizon.my guess is Verizon is trying to apeal to apple via sales by paying out of their own pocket...AT&T ddi this before too with hte iphone and 200$ price
Not following this comment. Could you explain? We also sell the wifi edition iPAd at VZW.
~mike
Old 12-01-2010, 10:11 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wideawake View Post
7 Inches is no more portable than a 10 inch imho. I personally own one of the first 7 inch touch screen devices called the HTC Shift. This thing didn't get much use at all. They screen is to small for it to really be usable at all. When web browsing on a 7 inch horizontally you only get about 1/4 of the site if not less which sucks for most major websites today. Now the iPad on the other hand is a dream to browse on.
The HTC shift is a bad example though..800 X 480 and the display was not wide screen..also it was bulky...and a 7inch is definitely more portable..aka its easier to hold with 1 hand and use..the ipad is not as simple to hold for a length of time..

Quote:
Not following this comment. Could you explain? We also sell the wifi edition iPAd at VZW.
~mike
I thought you sell the wifi version bundled with Mifi bundle?
Old 12-01-2010, 10:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

A BIG advantage the iPad has is...ooOOO(NETFLIX)OOOoo, lol.

PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion