PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   General Android Discussion (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   Free WiFi tether without root! EXPLOIT (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=137169)

ducylowycz 11-18-2010 10:34 AM

Free WiFi tether without root! EXPLOIT

Just ad the wifi hotspot widget to one of your screens, it bypasses the network authentication from the native app...

AWESOME and easy. I didn't come up with the information I just posted it here. So I take no credit for it.

stellanwick 11-21-2010 12:53 AM

Re: Free WiFi tether without root! EXPLOIT

This is the best Android phone I've used. Your tip here has made it even sweeter! I'm lovin' it like McDonalds!

teamgk13 01-12-2011 02:21 AM

I'm trying to add the widget and it is not listed as an option. Has this changed in the past two months? Add>Widget>...Analog clock; Calendar; Google Search; Home screen search; Latitude; Market; Music; NASCAR; News and weather; Picture frame; Power control; Sprint contracts; Sprint football; Sprint messaging;Tutorial #1-5; Sprint TV; Sprite weather; Sprint Zone; Voicemail; Youtube

Am I missing something somewhere?

hamagc 01-12-2011 02:47 AM

Lol did you download it from the market?

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

teamgk13 01-12-2011 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hamagc (Post 2035048)
Lol did you download it from the market?

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

Wow, really? That's what it took to work? That widget is built into my HTC EVO; I figured it was a standard thing. Well worth the $0.99 cents!!

Thanks all!

hamagc 01-12-2011 12:44 PM

lol then you paid for it?

i don't mean to laugh so i apologize. the free widget most refer to is hotspot widget by harald muller. it's free from the market and works perfect.

if you look through our device, really not much is included. if you pick the clean sprint id, then really nothing is included. also this is usually a pay for feature with sprint. they left a hole open in the firmware that allows us to use this option free of charge. expect it to be patched in future updates.

j37hr0 01-18-2011 10:30 AM

Why update if everything is working to your liking? And yeah, the Clean ID is awesome, no Sprint branded crap.

av8or 01-26-2011 11:46 PM

and this is confirmed not to be incurring the hotspot charge? it uses the built in hotspot feature not a work around

chardog 01-27-2011 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by av8or (Post 2045552)
and this is confirmed not to be incurring the hotspot charge? it uses the built in hotspot feature not a work around

I've used it for a few months now, on occasion, and have not been charged.

Mine did not have the hotspot widget when I went with "Clean ID", so I downloaded a free widget, but it on one of my pages and works great.

1oddmanout 02-05-2011 10:47 AM

And, it works great on Optimus V! No charge on prepaid.