PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2010, 11:24 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: omnia 910
Carrier: Verizon

doogie63 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Verizon Android

Looking at upgrading my phone from Verizon. What is the best Android phone from Verizon to get right now? Which one is the easiest to hack? What are some of the best apps to get for Android? I have the Omnia right now but Android looks like the way to go now.

Thanks for any info!
Old 11-13-2010, 07:08 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC INC.
Carrier: VERIZON <--?

spiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to spiritcrusher33
Re: Verizon Android

So many to choose from.. personally I went for the htc incredible.. Not too fond of moto.
Old 11-14-2010, 04:52 AM
Exigent Circumstance
Pocket PC: LG - G2x // P999
Carrier: T-Mobile ™

info[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIPinfo[]box1 is a VIP
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10_5_7; en-us) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Safari/530.17 Skyfire/2.0)

I really like the MOTO droidX.. don't know about the hacking status. Just take a look in that certain device upgrade section.
Old 11-22-2010, 04:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro, Apache
Carrier: verizon

juliend is just getting started

My guess would be that you can't really go wrong with Droid X, Incredible, or Droid2. All of those are sporting a 1ghz processor and plenty of ram. Take a look at some reviews and decide which flavor of the OS you prefer. Sense with HTC, or Motoblur from motorola.
Old 11-23-2010, 07:29 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by norman.noris View Post
Google’s Android mobile OS is coming soon to iPhone 4. Android can already run on iPhone EDGE (2G), 3G and iPod touch. The ports don’t work as well as they should do, since iPhone and Android don’t go along well (power management not optimized, iPhone’s battery drops to zero within a few hours) but it’s definitely great if you want to try out the so called open-ness of Android.
then why post this?

norman.noris
Re: Android 101
I'm sorry to tell you this, but it's completely impossible to run android on an iPhone. Anyone who has shown you android on an iPhone has been playing a very good trick on you.
Old 11-23-2010, 12:22 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
I'm sorry to tell you this, but it's completely impossible to run android on an iPhone. Anyone who has shown you android on an iPhone has been playing a very good trick on you.
maybe you should check this out then Darren.. YouTube - Android OS running on iPhone 3G - the most detailed video its dual booting a haret.exe ... it shows it all man... lil pengiun in the corner, the pages of code booting... its 10mins long and rather intricate into Android.... theres no signal, so i assume other things dont work as well, has working wifi though........ not sure how all that can be faked...

here, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQKfe...eature=related this has full audio and ts running Froyo on iPhone 3G.. both vids are from May and June, so theyve been doing this for months now actually
Old 11-25-2010, 12:01 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

yankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
If you want to tweak and install different roms then htc phones are your best bet. Plus you get htc sense which in my opinion its the best ui add on of any phone. If you want something with the fastest processor but less customization then go with the samsung. Or try the moto droid X if you want a big screen since you can't get evo with verizon. I myself only use htc phones. I will be trying wp7 and will only try it on htc. Although I just played around with a samsung epic and its a pretty slick phone except for it feeling a little cheap in my hand compared to the evo.
All I can say is try all the phones at the store for at least 10 mins and make your decision that way. Good luck.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk

Full Body Protection for your smartphone.
Get 1 Free!
http://stealthguards.com/idevaffilia...ate.php?id=417
Old 11-25-2010, 01:30 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
maybe you should check this out then Darren.. YouTube - Android OS running on iPhone 3G - the most detailed video its dual booting a haret.exe ... it shows it all man... lil pengiun in the corner, the pages of code booting... its 10mins long and rather intricate into Android.... theres no signal, so i assume other things dont work as well, has working wifi though........ not sure how all that can be faked...

here, YouTube - Android 2.2 Froyo running on the iPhone this has full audio and ts running Froyo on iPhone 3G.. both vids are from May and June, so theyve been doing this for months now actually
He was quoting a spammer because the spammer in 1 thread said its impossible and in the other thread said its doable (Aka it was a spam bot posting random things about iphones)..at that time Darren wasn't sure if he was a spammer or not so was asking why he said one thing in 1 thread and completely controversial thing in the next 1 min later lol

PS Iphones are evil

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 12-01-2010, 10:58 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP

Best hardware overall would be the Fascinate most likely. It has the most powerful cpu/gpu combo of any currently available device. Best signal strength will be one of the Moto's (X, D2). Most hack-ability will be from an HTC Device. At the moment, if you don't desperately need it, I'd wait to find out when the LTE devices are coming out as it could be as soon as Jan/Feb, as something may have the best of both worlds when that happens.

PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion