PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2010, 01:00 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/no root
Carrier: Sprint

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre
i think my evo has a virus

I had a notice saying my google sync was not auterized to re-enter my password. No luck. So i went online with evo and signed out of google.com. when i tried to log back in it said there was recent suspicous activity with my account, to select region and provide phone # and it would send me a confermation #. Got number and changed password then reloged in with google sync and new password. I then recieved 8 seperate emails show mail sent failed to all contacts. But one went thru and was a link that sent me to http://drugstorepillssite.com/ with link in outgoing mail of Please wait... my kid dropped my laptop and broke it few days ago so only have evo logged into net. This just happened a couple hours ago.
Old 10-26-2010, 01:15 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: i think my evo has a virus

Since you have no laptop at the moment...do you have an earlier recovery? if so I suggest make a backup of what you have now, then go back to a previous recovery..once your laptop is fixed investigate what exactly happened.

Also, do you just have root or super user? or just stock? and did you install anything recently?

And check with some of your contacts to make sure it didnt email them the virus (some do that)

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)

Last edited by gTen; 10-26-2010 at 01:19 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-26-2010, 01:24 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre

Full root/nand since 2 weeks after launch. SU but did change from CW recovery to RArecovery few weeks ago to flash 1.77_033 pri and then did a partion to sd card to remove the 2gig partion i had. Did a backup after that while on netarchy final froyo 3.26 root odexed. Yesterday i did myn 3.29 deodexed (not by happy choice though) and then tried to restore privous and it was gone.
Old 10-26-2010, 01:30 AM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwhre View Post
Full root/nand since 2 weeks after launch. SU but did change from CW recovery to RArecovery few weeks ago to flash 1.77_033 pri and then did a partion to sd card to remove the 2gig partion i had. Did a backup after that while on netarchy final froyo 3.26 root odexed. Yesterday i did myn 3.29 deodexed (not by happy choice though) and then tried to restore privous and it was gone.
I guess for the time being just backup your current rom and flash a new rom..once you get your laptop fixed and have internet access is when you probably want to look into what happened.
Old 10-26-2010, 01:40 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

I have lookout and it showed nothing when i forced scanned.
Old 10-26-2010, 01:48 AM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
I have lookout and it showed nothing when i forced scanned.
Do you honestly think that by having an antivirus it will protect you? AV is a game of cat and mouse...only once a virus is sent in or identified can it be dealt with...AVs do employ tactics to try to predict it but it is not perfect...

Simply put an AV makes it less likely for you to be infected but the possibility still exists...I'm not saying what happened is a virus for sure..but it boils down to how much of a risk your willing to take.
Old 10-26-2010, 01:51 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

I hate risk, and cats.
Old 10-26-2010, 01:54 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

sorry, no offence. didn't see your profile stat
Old 10-26-2010, 02:04 AM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
sorry, no offence. didn't see your profile stat
You mean my avatar? lol

Well anyways I'm not trying to scare you..I'm just giving you my advice on what I would do in that situation..what you choose to do is up to you..

I'll ask you this though..does Lookout prevent you from having root access? if not that means there are security flaws in the system..as thats how rooting works..it exploits a vulnerability in the OS to gain root access.
Old 10-26-2010, 04:06 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Well wifi fix for touch diamond that works on stock/locked tp/tp2 doesnt work on android. Othetwize i wouldn't be rooted and worry about exploits like root. Andrfdoid doesn't have a registry to edit/mamage stock/locked. i'm mobile, a home connection isn't co$t effective.

PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion