PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2010, 12:55 AM
Master Kimosabi
Pocket PC: HTC s620<Touch Pro<Touch Pro2<Hero<EVO
Carrier: The 10 years ago Network

aman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
An end to the iphone/android war?

Sorry if this is a repost put this is pretty cool.

Android on iPhone

*MOD EDIT OUT THE LINK*

Last edited by gTen; 10-25-2010 at 01:48 AM.
Old 10-25-2010, 01:20 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: An end to the iphone/android war?

Why pay for it when you can do it for free...if anything I'd say they are doing it illegally by taking developers work and selling it >.>

And in reality this will probably fuel the war even more..

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 10-25-2010, 02:24 AM
Master Kimosabi
Threadstarter

aman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Ooo, maybe I missed an important part, gotta read again. Sorry
Old 10-25-2010, 02:27 AM
Master Kimosabi
Threadstarter

you can keep it off, its not a big deal. I dont believe that pay apps are any better than freeware (obviously since i love this site!) The main thing though is the stigma of the iphone sucking. I as well hate the iphone but its not the hardware. Its the restrictive closed source software. I wouldnt mind having an iphone (screen, camera, better processor) running android. That would be sweet.

Stupid apple needs control of hardware and software.
Old 10-25-2010, 02:39 AM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by aman1127 View Post
you can keep it off, its not a big deal. I dont believe that pay apps are any better than freeware (obviously since i love this site!)
Its not about that, its just that there are people out there who sell other people's work for money...rather then the developer who made it in the first place receiving donations...aka they are violating the developers rights who spent a lot of effort into making it work...

Quote:
The main thing though is the stigma of the iphone sucking. I as well hate the iphone but its not the hardware. Its the restrictive closed source software. I wouldnt mind having an iphone (screen, camera, better processor) running android. That would be sweet.
Galaxy S? lol..but yes a lot don't realize what makes Apple is not only the software but the harware..they ALWAYS put in better hardware then required to run current gen os. Even though I also hate Apple
Old 10-25-2010, 03:53 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2 & EVO

BenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuff

I have no problem paying for an application that I routinely use or boosts my productivity.
Old 10-25-2010, 04:00 AM
Master Kimosabi
Threadstarter

I know I know, I mean put their name on hardware.

Their hardware is sweet, especially since they stopped using those mac processors. I wish qualcomm and other brands would develop better hardware faster than to keep things around 2 years too long
Old 10-25-2010, 04:44 AM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenC View Post
I have no problem paying for an application that I routinely use or boosts my productivity.
Again, there is nothing wrong with paying for stuff..the problem lies when you end up paying people who didn't make the software and are cheating out the developers of their hard work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aman1127 View Post
I know I know, I mean put their name on hardware.

Their hardware is sweet, especially since they stopped using those mac processors. I wish qualcomm and other brands would develop better hardware faster than to keep things around 2 years too long
Well its not really Qualcomm thats the issue...while I do agree their licensing can be weird..like giving out processors and require extra for gpu drivers and etc...but they have been releasing a new processor every year for the most part..they had an issue with the first snapdragon here and there but never the less they had new processors..its more has to do with HTC at the time had no competition and was fairly small..so they always went cheap on the components...

Right now a lot of operating system and manufacturers are entering the game..so I expect things to get pretty crazy in the hardware/software race in the coming year.
Old 10-26-2010, 06:34 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; MSM Build/MASTER) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

HTC needs to step up their game.
Old 10-26-2010, 01:46 PM
Wiredengineer
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Acer Iconia Tab!

PropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

O no, say it aint so. I dont want Iphone users to have access to cool shit.....

PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion