PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2010, 02:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: US Cellular

TP2me is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
evo for us cellular??

Hi pardon if i'm posting in the wrong place.. need some help.. went to us cellular today and i told the guy i'm thinking of getting the evo and unlocking it and what not. I asked him how i'd go about activating it and he said there is no way us cellular will.. i call BS.. obviously they wouldn't but is there anyway of activating it without them knowing what phone?
Old 10-04-2010, 04:40 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

TP2me is a n00b
Re: evo for us cellular??

i'll do some searching a bit more.. so far i have found nothing.. if anyone has any idea please let me know
Old 10-04-2010, 05:22 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

TP2me is a n00b

they have that one site where they change the imei number or something IMEISimUnlock.com - IMEI Sim Unlock HTC EVO 4G Supersonic Cell Phone Online with Cheap Remote IMEI Unlock Codes from the #1 SIM Unlocking Company on the web. IMEI SIM Unlock HTC EVO 4G Supersonic at Home for USA, UK, Canada, Australia, France, Europe and it will work.. but i want to get away with not paying 20 bucks.. i have the link to root the phone and how to unlock it.. will us cellular just ask me for the imei number and be done with it? do they have to know model of phone.. i'm confused..
Old 10-05-2010, 03:24 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Nope they won't do it because it's a Sprint branded phone. CDMA carriers (Verizon, Sprint, USCC) use ESN numbers. Each handset has a unique ESN number that is illegal to change but doable if you want to risk the FCC nailing you if you are caught. Now each phone is programmed to use the specific carrier programming so that you can't just drag and drop like GSM with SIM cards. The ESN has to be in their database for them to activate the phone.
Old 10-05-2010, 06:52 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
Nope they won't do it because it's a Sprint branded phone. CDMA carriers (Verizon, Sprint, USCC) use ESN numbers. Each handset has a unique ESN number that is illegal to change but doable if you want to risk the FCC nailing you if you are caught. Now each phone is programmed to use the specific carrier programming so that you can't just drag and drop like GSM with SIM cards. The ESN has to be in their database for them to activate the phone.
Correct..
This is what I was told when I asked a Sprint rep about another carrier phone I saw on ebay.
The ESN has to be in their database.
CDMA carriers are like that.
Old 10-05-2010, 10:47 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO3D
Carrier: SERO-P

lafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stuff

get the desire and stop whining :P
Old 10-05-2010, 01:59 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Carrier: USCC

Oditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafester View Post
get the desire and stop whining :P

Buy spare batteries, or be prepaired to stop at USCC in the late afternoon. So far my Desire has 60% after 8 hours of little to less than moderate use. After heavy use I am at 10% after 8 hours. I stopped at the USCC on the way home and did the free exchange. I refuse to cripple my phone to save on juice. I just pick up a spare battery off eBay and poof!!! My problems are gone. 2 batteries will last me all day if heavy use, my desktop chager charges the spare battery as well as the one in the phone. So when I get up in the morning, I have 2 fully charrged batteries for my day ahead!!

Old 10-05-2010, 03:42 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

TP2me is a n00b

i wasn't really impressed with desire.. tell me.. should i wait a month for the samsung galaxy s to come out and get it or does samsung suck and i'd be better off with desire.. i just don't wanna make a choice and get a upgrade with a crappy phone.. i really like the way i can do all kinds of things with my TP2.. idk..
Old 10-05-2010, 03:54 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TP2me View Post
Hi pardon if i'm posting in the wrong place.. need some help.. went to us cellular today and i told the guy i'm thinking of getting the evo and unlocking it and what not. I asked him how i'd go about activating it and he said there is no way us cellular will.. i call BS.. obviously they wouldn't but is there anyway of activating it without them knowing what phone?
could you please stop starting multiple threads on same subject. looks like you got answer so i will close your other threads on same subject.

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 10-05-2010 at 04:00 PM.
Old 10-05-2010, 04:54 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Carrier: USCC

Oditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TP2me View Post
i wasn't really impressed with desire.. tell me.. should i wait a month for the samsung galaxy s to come out and get it or does samsung suck and i'd be better off with desire.. i just don't wanna make a choice and get a upgrade with a crappy phone.. i really like the way i can do all kinds of things with my TP2.. idk..
I actually bought the Desire outright off eBay for $300. Because I just upgraded to the TP2 last January. I liked the TP2, but got tired of a keyboard I didn't use and it's thickness. I think that the speed of it was ok, so that wasn't a problem. The Desire is faster, but not sure it was worth the $300 price tag. But I did want to try the Android phone to see if it was what I wanted, and since I could not seem to get one loaned to me for a month or two, I decided to just buy the thing. Will I go back to the TP2? Nope, i will sell it. The first change I had to get use to was fingernails don't help with the Desire, so cut them down, this thing works great with the fingertips. That was the hardest part to learn. Also my Pocket Quicken doesn't work in Android, so dumped quicken and went with www.ClearCheckbook.com, they have an android app and it works great. 2nd problem to overcome was Swype, but SlideIT works great, I notice Slacker works better than on the TP2, but the Desire speaker really sounds tinny compared to the TP2. So the TP2 has it there... As far as the Galaxy is concerned, is USCC getting them?

So far the Desires con's are:

1) Reception, I got more bars with the TP2
2) Battery life is the pits!!!

Other than those two, I like the Desire. I just wish USCC would come out with the Android phones as fast as the other carriers. So my recommendation is, if you can wait for another new Android, then wait. Maybe someone will chime in about the Galaxy phone here.

Last edited by Oditius; 10-05-2010 at 04:57 PM.

PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion