PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2010, 05:56 PM
tbreed725

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Hi all some advice please ??

I m currently with verizon and love their service right now i have an old samsung rogue which has been a good phone but want something more i want either a droid or a windows phone specifically a lg ally or motorola droid or a lg fathom but cant decide which would be best i do text alot but not check email or get online that much i would just like some honest opinions i will be downloading apps too as i want weather , youtube , etc
Old 07-14-2010, 07:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Blackberry Tour
Carrier: sprint

facemob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfacemob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfacemob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfacemob is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to facemob
Re: Hi all some advice please ??

I say go with the droid its a nice phone and can handle the apps u want

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk

Old 07-15-2010, 06:12 PM
tbreed725

whcih droid tho the ally ? or the motorola ? will a windows phone not do apps ?
Old 07-15-2010, 06:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

drtnsnw1 is a n00b

Don't go Winmo! If you are someone that likes to try and make things work then maybe a winmo phone. I am dumping my TP2 because it is such a pain to keep working right. Seems like every time they fix something 2 other things pop up and cause more issues. I have not gotten my incredeble yet so I can't say what it is like but it sure seemed nice when I played with it in the store

Chris
Old 07-15-2010, 06:24 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

windows mobile has basically no apps, I would go Android, get either a Droid 2 or a Droid X imo
Old 07-16-2010, 12:26 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2 & EVO
Carrier: Sprint

BenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuffBenC knows their stuff

Wow. WinMobile for me has been very stable. There really are lots of applications for it, just not many being created at this time due to a bit of stagnation on the home front. I would suggest looking at what you want to accomplish with the device and if having the latest/greatest is that important to you. I went from a Sprint TP2 to the Evo and for the most part it was painless. However, what was painful and continues to be painful is getting use to the screen keyboard. To be frank, it bites.

If you are not use to things like auto answer with your Bluetooth headset, then Android. If you are not use to having no one hear your phone do anything, than by all means Android. There are other tiny little things here and there.

If you want Office compatibility, you gotta buy it with Android and just a bit of a secret, Documents to Go has its own set of oddities.

Would I do the switch to the Evo again? Nope. I would wait until a keyboard in the flesh shows up with the same/similar capabilities of the Evo.
Old 07-18-2010, 12:46 PM
tbreed725

I just ordered a new ally from the verizon site i think im gonna love the android and ive read alot of reviews of the ally 98% were positive
Old 07-19-2010, 09:29 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/no root
Carrier: Sprint

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre

I say windows mobile has a ton more apps than android. If you take the 13k soundboard apps, 11,231 theme apps and the 14k rongtone apps you come up with the same 3 apps wm has. But with wm they are free.

PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion