PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2010, 02:59 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

supdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
General Android Questions

Long time WinMO user here who switched to the EVO. I have a few questions about Android that I hope someone can help me answer.

1. In the GMAIL app, when I look at an email with external content, I don't see an option to download all images. What it appears to do is place a download/preview button at the bottom to look at each picture individually. Is there not an option to download all images at once?

2. Sense my device runs Sense, is there a way to make the weather clock/ shortcuts smaller (without rooting)? My screen is so big and the weather clock takes up like half the screen for no reason.

3. Any way to sync contact birthdays to your calender? I used to do this by syncing Outlook. Not so sure now.
Old 06-13-2010, 10:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

lordhelmet is becoming a great contributor
Re: General Android Questions

Not sure about 1, but 2, there are other widgets that are smaller and will take up less space. Just press the + on ur home screen, add widget, select htc widgets, add clock or weather, and you'll have options, just scroll through ur options by clicking on the arrows on the bottom.
3. Use google calendar. Search for the sync software from google and sync ur outlook w ur google calendar. It will then sync w ur calendar in ur phone. Good luck.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-14-2010, 09:21 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

blazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blazinazn
Re: General Android Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by supdawg View Post
Long time WinMO user here who switched to the EVO. I have a few questions about Android that I hope someone can help me answer.

1. In the GMAIL app, when I look at an email with external content, I don't see an option to download all images. What it appears to do is place a download/preview button at the bottom to look at each picture individually. Is there not an option to download all images at once?

2. Sense my device runs Sense, is there a way to make the weather clock/ shortcuts smaller (without rooting)? My screen is so big and the weather clock takes up like half the screen for no reason.

3. Any way to sync contact birthdays to your calender? I used to do this by syncing Outlook. Not so sure now.
Not sure about the first to but I can speak to your 3rd concern:

3. If you log into gmail on your PC go to Calendar in the upper left corner.

- Under 'My Calendars' select settings
- Under 'Other' Calendars in that window select 'Browse Interesting Calendars'
- Choose 'More'
- Then subscribe to Contact's birthday and events

So if have your contacts birthday listed in your contacts, it will now show up on your calendar.

You can also look around at other calendars. You can add schedules for your favorite sports teams, etc.

PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion