PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2010, 05:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: VZW

leland_jr is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Arrow which previous phone to buy on VZW? eris or moto droid?

I currently have an Imagio that I'm keeping because I need the global capabilities and will finally buy VCAST for the world cup. However, I'm interested in playing with Android, and I'd like to pick up a second phone for domestic use. I'd love to buy a Droid Incredible, but I don't think I can find one in my budget of $300.

However, there are plenty of Droids floating around after Google I/O and also Droid Eris' from upgraders.

Which one should I get? I'd want to load Froyo on it and get decent performance. The Eris seems to be far cheaper and also smaller, however I'm worried about performance of the phone. The Droid seems awesome, but is even bigger than my Imagio.

Recommendations?
Old 06-09-2010, 05:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: which previous phone to buy on VZW? eris or moto droid?

I would go with the Droid. There is a leaked Froyo build that is available now for it. It is not known if the Eris will ever get Froyo (though it might once Google releases the source from the devs that still have the phone). Not to mention that the Droid is just a much better phone.

Also, realize that the Eris is at end of life while the Droid has not quite reached that status yet.

Follow me on mytabletlife.com
Old 06-09-2010, 06:08 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

droid for sure. still even now one of the most, if not the most, popular android phones out in the u.s. right now. i love me some sense but if given that choice i would go with the droid.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio
Threadstarter

leland_jr is a n00b

Thanks for the feedback. Given that someone offered to sell me a used Eris for $100 and a new Droid for $250 does that change anything? Think $250 is fair for a new Droid w/ the next-gen ones coming in July? Or just wait until July and get Droids or Incredibles from the always-upgraders?

PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion

Tags
droid eris, motorola droid, verizon, vzw