PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2010, 02:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (FRESH!)
Carrier: Sprint

tripflex is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to tripflex
Remove exchange mandatory password?

Alright so when i had my TP2 i used to use csdevctrl
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=386451

But now that i have the EVO it's requiring a password and driving me nuts! Anybody know how to bypass it or get rid of it!?
Shared Hosting 20% Off Forever (Promo Code:PPCG20)
Old 06-04-2010, 04:13 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4G Baby!!!
Carrier: SprintPCS

D\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Remove exchange mandatory password?

I second that... So far, it is the only thing I'm not liking about the EVO... I used to just set it to 24 hours on my TP2 and that was good enough for me... I just don't want to enter a password everytime I have to use my phone...
Old 06-05-2010, 02:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Yeah sucks We finally found out that the reboot on the evo was from using only a numeric password and i still dont want to connect to my exchange server! Sucks, looks like im going to have to get into the development side of things.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-05-2010, 06:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I FOUND A FIX TO EVERYONE'S ISSUE

Like the poster above me said, that is exactly the reason that this works.

Here's what you have to do to get exchange server hooked up normally and not have a constant reboot!

Follow these steps and you will not have any problems.

1.) Hard reset your phone (VOLUME DOWN + POWER with the phone off)
You will have to go down to "CLEAR DATA", it will ask you to confirm.

2.) Let the phone reboot, everything will be erased. Setup your exchange and google account.
WHEN YOU CHOOSE A PASSWORD, USE A NUMBER AND A LETTER

3.) Go to the market place and search for "No Lock". Download it. Install it. Run it.

4.) Press the middle button to make the phone no longer require a lock.

Voila! I just did this and it works perfect!

OP you might want to put this in the first thread you posted so other people know about it without having to go through all these pages.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-05-2010, 08:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

D\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on repD\/8 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripflex View Post
Yeah sucks We finally found out that the reboot on the evo was from using only a numeric password and i still dont want to connect to my exchange server! Sucks, looks like im going to have to get into the development side of things.
What is this reboot deal??? I was using only numberic for the lock which I just recently changed to alpha numberic because I hated having to hit the number button first on the keyboard before I entered my code...

Just before I changed this though, I had an issue where when I rebooted it would loop the slash screen over and over and couldn't get it to boot up. My only fix was to do a restore. I thought it may have been an app I installed from the market so I discontinued using it.

Was this what people were experincing with a full numberic password, the looped splash screen???
Old 06-05-2010, 08:38 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Disregard... I found the other thread... It was my exchange password that was causing the looped splash screen... Cool, now I can use that app I thought caused the problem...

Thanks for the fix TripFlex!!! Now I will have no issues with my EVO... That was the one thing that was killing me... Goooooood bye WinMo!!!
Old 07-06-2010, 03:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Hey guys i found another program called "Keyguard Controller" which will allow you to still have the lock screen but not required by Exchange. You can also use the slide unlock pattern thingy

PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion