PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2010, 01:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch pro
Carrier: Sprint

veroi is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
EVO 4G and Exchange

Having the TP2 with Active Sync for getting work e-mail is great, however I am new to Android , so how do I set this up to at least to match what we had on a TP2. Do I have to use something from the marketplace???
Old 05-28-2010, 01:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

codeman05 is keeping up the good workcodeman05 is keeping up the good work
Re: EVO 4G and Exchange

From what I understand, HTC has there own "app" that will work with Exchange for push mail etc...
So on the Evo, you shouldn't have a problem

Last edited by codeman05; 05-28-2010 at 01:42 PM.
Old 05-28-2010, 01:41 PM
Ship Jumper
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, EVO 3D & GALAXY S 2
Carrier: The Now Network

BRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

When you first power on the device, it will be one of the first things you are ask to setup
Old 05-28-2010, 01:42 PM
LMG - GEEK, VIP!!!
Pocket PC: HTC TP Pro 2 (From HTC Touch Diamond)

lawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on replawmangrant is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to lawmangrant Send a message via MSN to lawmangrant Send a message via Yahoo to lawmangrant Send a message via Skype™ to lawmangrant

Correct...
Exchange support is in Android.
You shouldn't have a problem
PLAN:
Everything450, w/ unlimited mobile to mobile[B]

Need Dropbox? Use my referral here!
Old 05-28-2010, 03:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

TripleAgent is just getting started

I could be wrong, but I heard Android Exchange support is very limited compared to WinMo 6.5. Like you can only sync X amount of emails or some such...
Old 05-28-2010, 04:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: T7380
Carrier: Project Fi

marctronixx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarctronixx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarctronixx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarctronixx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

when i had my htc hero i had exchange on it and my pro2 since i used the phones and different times of the day. the hero synced all my info and emails. it even synced my folders. i had zero issues with exahnge on the hero and i dont see any reason to see any issues on the evo.

touchdown is an excellent app for android that has beefier security than htc's mail app.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-28-2010, 11:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC-6700, Touch Pro, EVO 4G

jester95 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by veroi View Post
Having the TP2 with Active Sync for getting work e-mail is great, however I am new to Android , so how do I set this up to at least to match what we had on a TP2. Do I have to use something from the marketplace???
I have the same concern as you. the good news that if the stock app doesn't cut it then we can buy an app from the market place. I hear that touchdown and moxier are both good.

PS - the samsung moment has moxier included...doesn't appear to be included with the EVO.
Old 05-28-2010, 11:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

abrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to abrigham Send a message via Yahoo to abrigham Send a message via Skype™ to abrigham

As others have said, Exchange support is built in. When you go through the out of box setup, there will be options for setting up to sync with your Google account (i.e. GMail), and Work E-Mail (I think that's what they call it anyway) which is Exchange.
Old 05-29-2010, 02:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

mclife is becoming a great contributor

Just to add to this as I've tested it out firsthand on the HTC Desire 2.1 ROM. Android 2.1 has exchange support for work email and such. It is not fully functional though. If your work requires a security pin (as my work does), the stock Android exchange will NOT work. Luckily, HTC has added full support for exchange, so as long as you have a Sense build, you'll be able to sync your work email even if pin security is required.

This was a big concern for me too, but now I can rest easy. Btw, the Sense exchange email widget and app is pretty clean. All of us used to Sense on WinMo will recognize the slider at the bottom. It works well.

Also, this is for those of us that will flash to Froyo ROMs as soon as they start popping up. The fact that Sense will most likely not be available from the start is not a concern as stock Froyo has full exchange support built in, so we'll still be covered.
Old 05-29-2010, 05:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

nuprotocol is keeping up the good worknuprotocol is keeping up the good worknuprotocol is keeping up the good work

Are you able to sync with outlook on pc and an exchange server like mail2web at the same time on Android?

PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion