PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2010, 07:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch diamond
Carrier: TELUS

TKG26 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Andriod phone comparioson chart?

Is there a site that is tracking and testing all phone where i could go to get a one stop shop to compare the nuts and bolts of all the phones coming out?

HTC is dropping phones monthly and its so hard to tell wich one is there flag ship?

What is the best android phone on the market today?(hardware speed, screen size, features ect ect)

And what about features? Are they not all universal since they all share the same OS. or are Motorola and HTC making proprietary apps for just there phones?
Old 05-06-2010, 11:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

-grant- is a n00b
Re: Andriod phone comparioson chart?

Just go to HTC's site and compare their phones there.

http://www.htc.com/us/products#/?view=1-1&sort=0
Old 05-07-2010, 12:55 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

http://pdadb.net/

can put them up for you side by side..just click PDAchooser on top, select the minimum specs you want in a phone or all Android if you want, check them off and click Compare.

From my guess if you take 4G aside the best phone out of available now or in next 3 month is the Galaxy S/Galaxy S Pro..it is not out yet but should be around june.

Reason for this being is the Galaxy S while might have only 256mb ram and 5mp camera beats any other phone with features ranging from DLNA, Super AMOLED (best cellphone screen there is and this is only Android that has it, suppose to work in sunlight as well), fastest processor with best gfx chip, N network, Bluetooth 3.0 and much much more...the phone probably has 10x the features of any other phone as far as features are concerned.

If Samsung releases this for sprint with 4G (they promised a phone for sprint this year) then all the people who got an EVO will cry themselves to sleep every night.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)

Last edited by gTen; 05-07-2010 at 01:09 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-07-2010, 01:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch diamond
Carrier: TELUS
Threadstarter

TKG26 is just getting started

Thanks Gten thats exactly what i was looking for...
Old 05-12-2010, 06:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

cOnTaGoUs is just getting started

Is there anywhere online with like a flash based preview of the android 2.1 operating system on a incredible?

or is this asking to much hehe

*Edit*

Just noticed not best place to post this, sorry in advance.

Last edited by cOnTaGoUs; 05-12-2010 at 06:27 PM. Reason: Just noticed not best place to post this, sorry in advance.
Old 05-13-2010, 06:28 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; Nexus One Build/EPE54B) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

You can get an idea of some of the OS and Alps by going to Google's nexus one page, but that wont show you sense ui.
Old 05-14-2010, 05:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

cOnTaGoUs is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfrost82 View Post
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; Nexus One Build/EPE54B) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

You can get an idea of some of the OS and Alps by going to Google's nexus one page, but that wont show you sense ui.

Ok thanks I went to Best Buy and had a play with the phone instead
Old 05-15-2010, 10:12 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

When I want to compare phone I generally use PHONE SCOOP to give me a pretty good overview and compare of the phones I'm interested in researching farther, I by no means only use this site for reference it's just the first site I start with

http://www.phonescoop.com/

When I find the phone with the features I'm looking for, I'll then check reviews usually at CNet or various other sites Google leads me to

Lastly, I'll check what people are saying about the phone in users forums, this is how I ended up finding PPCGeeks!

PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion