PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2010, 03:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

docajay is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
slingbox and streaming radio

Hi all,
Been a long time wm fan since 2000-01 during the old windows ce days(boy have we come a long way). I loved my devices over the years and always looking at the next best thing because of our mutual consumer electronic addictions(this evo looks totally sick with all its specs!!!).

What do guys think/speculate about the use of slingbox and streaming worldwide radio stations like we've been doing on gsplayer/resco/wm player/tcpmp on evo/android.

Ajay
Old 04-03-2010, 03:28 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Re: slingbox and streaming radio

hopefully an andriod app of slingbox is released before the evo, i know they're working on it.
Old 04-04-2010, 12:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: sprint

snowplow54 is keeping up the good worksnowplow54 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to snowplow54

Slingplayer for android should be out around the same time the EVO is released

Linkage
Old 04-05-2010, 10:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo No 4g
Carrier: Sprint

akayareal is keeping up the good workakayareal is keeping up the good work

I use my skype more than I use my slingplayer. I hope a special Evo version comes on the phone with video call capability. I probably will barely ever use it cause i mainly use it for chat but its great to have for bragging rights

Evo on 3g

Old 04-05-2010, 11:44 AM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by akayareal View Post
I use my skype more than I use my slingplayer. I hope a special Evo version comes on the phone with video call capability. I probably will barely ever use it cause i mainly use it for chat but its great to have for bragging rights
it is a possibility for them to come out with a special edition for sprint. Verizon is the only company that has the official skype app in their marketplace. tmobile, sprint, and att have to use 3rd party apps like nimbuzz and so forth but if you have a verizon droid in your marketplace you have the official skype app. For Sprint they should create one especially for the evo being as it has the dual camera.
Google is the next skynet
Old 04-05-2010, 11:46 AM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Also here is more info on the slingbox coming to android

http://www.slashgear.com/android-sli...video-1878107/
Old 04-05-2010, 08:20 PM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

Moved to General Android Discussion

PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion