PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2010, 02:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: sprint

mbaseball3 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
finally! my first complaint

Since having my sprint hero beginning in October I've had absolutely no issues that either don't have a fix or just deal with it kinda attitude. still 100 times better than winmo imo. my fiancee has felt the same as well since January when she got the moment. any who, my issue is that her google account has been disabled, obviously cause it was hacked. my problem with this is, is that android has to operate with a google account and if not its basically deemed useless. can't use market nor google talk nor anything that requires signing in. this is the one flaw id love to see google make tamper proof. or even if the account is hacked the only thing that should shut down is the account itself but data sent to your account from phone should still function just nothing exits the account to phone or anything. I see it as what if for others who may rely on google for business more than pleasure have their account hacked and now they are shut off from the world basically. I dunno, just my point of view and rant to issue that id like to see get resolved or updated.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

Hero is flying
Old 03-28-2010, 05:32 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: finally! my first complaint

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbaseball3 View Post
Since having my sprint hero beginning in October I've had absolutely no issues that either don't have a fix or just deal with it kinda attitude. still 100 times better than winmo imo. my fiancee has felt the same as well since January when she got the moment. any who, my issue is that her google account has been disabled, obviously cause it was hacked. my problem with this is, is that android has to operate with a google account and if not its basically deemed useless. can't use market nor google talk nor anything that requires signing in. this is the one flaw id love to see google make tamper proof. or even if the account is hacked the only thing that should shut down is the account itself but data sent to your account from phone should still function just nothing exits the account to phone or anything. I see it as what if for others who may rely on google for business more than pleasure have their account hacked and now they are shut off from the world basically. I dunno, just my point of view and rant to issue that id like to see get resolved or updated.

There are alternatives to the market place and alternatives to gtalk and etc. But it is kinda to be expected..just like if your bank account gets disabled when it gets hacked. Locking is a security feature because some people may use your account to go to maketplace and buy lots of apps you never know. You can also keep 2 separate google accounts, 1 for phone and 1 main thats up to you.

The best suggestion is to keep your account and computer secure, how were they hacked in the first place?

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 03-28-2010, 07:59 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Convenience over security?
Security over convenience is the way we all should be and shouldn't complaint about it when our accounts get locked out because of security compromise, I understand it's not convenient when you get your account locked because of security reasons I think you'll appreciate the fact that it does get locked out to prevent further damage.

So with that said what would you rather have, an account that has suspicoius activity that isn't you not get locked out or have your account left wide open?

Google integration is convenient and basically secure as long as you're the only one with access or using the phone....

To me it seems more you're complaint is with security features and not the actual features of the phone. I guess it's all worked itself out for your wife?

http://www.siliconrepublic.com/news/...geo-protection

Last edited by elephant007; 03-28-2010 at 08:45 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-29-2010, 12:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

mbaseball3 is becoming a great contributor

[/QUOTE]

There are alternatives to the market place and alternatives to gtalk and etc. But it is kinda to be expected..just like if your bank account gets disabled when it gets hacked. Locking is a security feature because some people may use your account to go to maketplace and buy lots of apps you never know. You can also keep 2 separate google accounts, 1 for phone and 1 main thats up to you.

The best suggestion is to keep your account and computer secure, how were they hacked in the first place?[/QUOTE]

I had only thought of that once. mainly cause its 2 passwords I rarely use id have to try and remember. But I like the idea of 2 accounts for that reason.

and yes its inconvenient. her phone is still down in the sense she can't log in. I already filled in the form for recovery to google. hopefully we'll get an answer to why it was disabled. if nothing else this is just a situation that's a drag to have to go thru. it'll be resolved in time but just not an enjoyable experience when your phone is just a phone again.

Old 03-29-2010, 12:55 AM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

Easy solution IMO, keep backups of what is really important(contacts,emails etc). If this happens, which would stink, make a new account, restore backups and you are good to go.

PPCGeeks > Android > General Android Discussion